GALAX GeForce RTX 40-Series Graphics Card Could Feature a Four-Fan Cooling Design

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Newly leaked renders are showing an unreleased GALAX GeForce RTX graphics card featuring a four-fan cooling design. This would not be the first time that GALAX has made such...

Go to post

I wonder how many slots we are up to now with these. 3 slots? 4?

I wonder how many slots we are up to now with these. 3 slots? 4?
You know back in the days of sound cardamom and voodoo cards and high speed controller cards... I would care. Unless you need a capture card I think you'll be fine.

The fourth (optional?) fan is 80 mm and clips on to the back of the card. Also according to the article, its GeForce RTX 3090 SG featured a similar design. Before I clicked on the article, I had pictured a model with four fans on the front side.

Galax? What happened to the "y"? Sometimes it feels like I've been in a coma for years.

In my experience, fans have been the most failure prone part of video cards. Thus, when I buy a new card (which is not often), I pay special attention to the bearings used. I'm sure it's brand dependent, but I've noticed the higher tier cards are more likely to have better bearings than their low- to mid-range counterparts — not much of a shock there.

Galax? What happened to the "y"? Sometimes it feels like I've been in a coma for years.
They sold it to Asus, who became known as Asusy for a brief period of time before merging with Lenovo - forming Assovo. No longer necessary, the Y was then auctioned off Yahoo (legalizing the capital "Y" in that name), but then transitioned to Verizon, but was subsequently renamed "Altaba", forfeiting the rights to Capital "Y" that they had purchased some years ago, and now it's part of a venture capital firm known as "Sometimes Vowels" with majority stakeholders including Mitt Romney, Derek Jeter, and Marc Andresseen

Jay is so cringe worthy to watch. Gamers Nexus' video is way more informative. No offense @Denpepe

Jay is so cringe worthy to watch. Gamers Nexus' video is way more informative. No offense @Denpepe
I can get that, but he beats less on the dead horse then Steve usually does, the guy needs to learn to move on.

I can get that, but he beats less on the dead horse then Steve usually does, the guy needs to learn to move on.
That is true. He draws things out forever, but he does go into more depth than others, even though it may be over the top. Jay IMO is just in it for the views.

Become a Patron!
Back