EVGA Terminates Partnership with NVIDIA, Citing “Disrespectful Treatment,” Plans to Exit Graphics Card Market

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
EVGA has terminated its partnership with NVIDIA because of "disrespectful treatment," according to reports from popular hardware YouTubers that include Gamers Nexus and JayzTwoCents.

Go to post

I'm sure they're saying they're not, but they'll be back and selling AMD and Intel cards as well.

Wow, that's huge.

Wonder if they will start making AMD cards, or just try to wing it on their motherboards and peripherals.

Huh.

That's surprising.

I've always considered EVGA to be one of the premiere Nvidia AIB's, and I thought that Nvidia GPU's was a good chunk of their business.

I mean, VGA is in their name for crying out loud. They have some power supplies, motherboards and accessories, but there offerings there arent that huge. I always thought of them as first and foremost a video card company.

Crazy news. When I buy nVidia, I only buy from EVGA. Not sure what I'm gonna use for nVidia in the future. This sucks.

...they'll be back and selling AMD and Intel cards as well.
Wonder if they will start making AMD cards
GN asked them about that, and apparently they are not interested in working with AMD or Intel either.

I've always considered EVGA to be one of the premiere Nvidia AIB's
Same.

I thought that Nvidia GPU's was a good chunk of their business.
According to GN it's 80% of their revenue.

I always thought of them as first and foremost a video card company.
And indeed they are, so I don't know how that's gonna work out, now that they apparently don't wanna make any graphics cards.

If they're going to make video cards anymore I can see this as the beginning of the end for EVGA. I bet the CEO is just burned out and doesn't want to admit it. He'll drag the company down to ashes and walk away.

I assume the EVGA leaders are tired of being undercut by Nvidia and taking big losses for 2 generations. Plus it sounds like they are a PITA to deal with. The GN video says they are not interested in pairing with AMD or Intel... but Steve is right. Intel would benefit greatly from having an established video card mfg on their side.

One thing is for sure, if the GPUs were 80% of their biz..... EVGA as we know it isn't going to survive just selling power supplies and motherboards. Or will they?

Anyone remember BFG?

Crazy news. When I buy nVidia, I only buy from EVGA. Not sure what I'm gonna use for nVidia in the future. This sucks.
They started to become mine to after owning just about every other card manufacturer out there. I just liked their warranty and step up program the most. Now that I have tried their motherboards I like them as well, along with their power supplies, but I'll be curious just how they'll keep going. They could certainly expand on the motherboard business end of things I suppose.

They started to become mine to after owning just about every other card manufacturer out there. I just liked their warranty and step up program the most. Now that I have tried their motherboards I like them as well, along with their power supplies, but I'll be curious just how they'll keep going. They could certainly expand on the motherboard business end of things I suppose.
I suspect they will work out their differences in ablut 3 months and have a Contract that protects their interests more after Nvidia tries to launch and realizes fhat zotak and msi are not the same level of aib vendor.

According to the article - three main take aways:

No, they will not be selling AMD or Intel video cards - they are done with video cards entirely.
Video cards were about 75% of their business.
They are not considering selling the business at this time.

I don't see how they come out of this ahead, but I guess there are plenty of peripheral companies that don't make GPUs... Corsair and Razer come to mind. So they could pivot and make it, but it'll be a rough road for them no doubt.

Unfortunately, unless other AIBs follow suit, I don't think this will affect nVidia in the slightest.

Wow! This is huge. It sort of explains the drastic price cuts in recent months. Sure there was the NVIDIA is back in stock slogan all the AIBs and NV were using but nobody, and I mean nobody, dropped their prices like EVGA did. It got to the point you could get the best of their parts and come out about $1K-$2K ahead of others with a bundle I saw a couple of weeks ago (kingpin z690 motherboard/kingpin 3090 ti GPU hybrid & 1600W PSU for something like $2K).

I'm pretty bummed over this. I never thought much of them until they did the queue thing. I didn't have anything against them they just didn't stand out for me. For a while I wasn't even sure the queue was real then I finally not a notification I was up. I got a 3090 for the then-stock price. A few weeks later and I was amazed I could use the step-up program and upgraded to my first 3090 Ti. Months later the 3090 Ti Hybrid dropped to $1500 and I thought that was a great price(still do). Obviously, I don't know the whole story but I feel NV really dropped the ball in not supporting this company that has done more than any of the others to be consumer friendly during these trying times.

I suspect they will work out their differences in ablut 3 months and have a Contract that protects their interests more after Nvidia tries to launch and realizes fhat zotak and msi are not the same level of aib vendor.

I would not count on it, I think it's kind of telling that one of the bigger players calls it quits, but for me (and a huge part of Europe I would think) it makes hardly a difference, they were almost non existent in Europe, if I wanted to buy from them directly, they would ship out of Taiwain to Europe.

I did have one Geforce from them iirc, somthing around the 6000 series waaay back. Asus, MSI and Gigabyte are the big ones over here.

I would not count on it, I think it's kind of telling that one of the bigger players calls it quits, but for me (and a huge part of Europe I would think) it makes hardly a difference, they were almost non existent in Europe, if I wanted to buy from them directly, they would ship out of Taiwain to Europe.
I tend to agree with this. While EVGA was very big in the US - they didn't have much of a presence outside of North America. That, and the Asian AIBs have more than enough capacity and presence to pick up any slack - Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, etc. Not even to mention nVidia FE cards, which is at least what JTC was thinking was part of the problem here.

I would hope you're right, but agree with a few others here that when your biggest AIB steps away that says something. Honestly the other manufacturers could keep going along with their motherboards, and what not, but EVGA was known for the graphics cards first as we all know. This is why I'm somewhat surprised at this news.

I would hope you're right, but agree with a few others here that when your biggest AIB steps away that says something. Honestly the other manufacturers could keep going along with their motherboards, and what not, but EVGA was known for the graphics cards first as we all know. This is why I'm somewhat surprised at this news.
This has been discussed with Nvidia in April so it's not a spur of the moment thing, there are some new CPU's launching though, maybe they can make a broader selection of motherboards at different price points, they going to have to do something if they want to make up some of the loss in revenue.

This is a huge blow to EVGA, graphic cards were its main business, despite diversifying to mbs, PS, gaming accesories, et al.

AFAIK EVGA was the most important nvidia exclusive AIB manufacturer, I think at some point EVGA even helped nvidia design reference boards.. So this is big news. No that surprising though.
Wouldn't be the first time nvidia has lost (or banned) an AIB. Remember BFG?

To think that not so long ago nvidia was praised for how it treated its partners. I mean, there's a reason nvidia has the most AIB partners and excluvies partners. Of course there are already lots of rumors as to why. ranging from nvidia punishing evga for selling directly to miners to nvidia no longer giving a fair treatment to EVGA regarding GPU allocation.

While I don't really have a brand preference, I have an EVGA card my self, one of many since I started pc gaming.
Not really worried as all my cards have lasted much longer than their warranty, still, knock on wood.

Negotiation tactic, which might turn into bye bye company. Somebody in there is like ' either I get X Y and Z or I'm gone'.
Probably they'll be gone.
Zero effect to nvidia.
Not going AMD or Intel means to me EVGA isnt nice or important to AMD or Intel either.

Negotiation tactic, which might turn into bye bye company. Somebody in there is like ' either I get X Y and Z or I'm gone'.
Probably they'll be gone.
Zero effect to nvidia.
Not going AMD or Intel means to me EVGA isnt nice or important to AMD or Intel either.

Or they are being coy about it for awhile. Maybe wait and see what happens in the next 6 months.

Become a Patron!
Back