The World’s First Flying Bike Makes Its Debut at the North American International Auto Show

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The world’s first flying bike made its debut at the NAIAS in Detroit this week from Japan startup Komatsu and Delaware-based AERWINS Technologies. The hoverbike is being called...

Go to post

It's cool, but I don't see many practical benefits of it over a normal road vehicle. Just an annoying sound.

Calling it a bike, makes me picture someone pedaling it like the Wicked Witch of the West...

The I see the name Komatsu and think ofeexcavators and other construction equipment :p

The device itself reminds me of one of those homemade helicopters from the Far Cry game series :p

I wouldn't want to ride that thing on a dirt road. 🤧

Yeah, they're definitely riding the hype train with the branding. I've seen other similar things in the last 12-18 months on YT with people basically mounting a bunch of drones to a frame and putting a chair on it. Far more rickety for sure, but similar idea.

Looks like something you'd see an add for in the back pages of popular science/mechanics.

I mean, it is a  flying bike after all :p
Well they call it a hoverbike and I think the software restricts it to relatively modest elevations, though I could be mistaken on that.

I think noise would be the biggest issue. Other than that and the price tag (💲), they look like they could be pretty **** fun once the software is hacked.

Protective gear? Stormtrooper armor. One limited edition variant in black...

Become a Patron!
Back