NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Launches January 5: Report

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA is reportedly planning to launch the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti on January 5, according to MEGAsizeGPU, who tweeted that date today alongside a photo that seems to depict the official packaging graphics and logo for the alleged graphics card, including some of the GPU's supported features, which include NVIDIA DLSS 3 and more.

See full article...

Any bets on if they change the price?

My tin-foil hat prediction: This particular release got pushed into Jan (you know they could have done it at any time, the original release was next week after all)... just so they could see how AMD does on their roll-out in December and have a chance to respond appropriately.

Original pricing was $899.

If they do slide it down - there is already a massive gulf between the 4080 (formerly known as 16G edition) at $1199 and the 4090 at $1599, it will just create a huge chasm between the 4070 Ti and 4080 - and it was already pretty big to begin with. Coupled with... at one point nVidia thought it was worth $899, they haven't changed any specs on the card, just the name... so... why couldn't they lower the prices on the 4080 or 4090 too?

nVidia pricing just seems to be out to lunch really. I'm all for price reductions. It just points out what kind of ridiculous margin they are putting on these cards I think.

Last edited:
The 4080 is worthless vs the 4090 imho. Who, that could pay 1200 for a card, not pay 400 more for the top dog? I think anyone considering anything above 1000$, would probably go for the 4090, even if vanilla the 4090 is still more card than a 4080, burned connectors and all (theres also that exciting element in knowing your house might burn down from your gaming sessions, if thats not cool, I don't know cool).
I think thats why AMD targeted the prices they did... Now of course the board partners are going to mess pricing even more, so we will see.

With the pricing for the 4080 announced from Microcenter yesterday it really is in a useless segment now. I totally agree that most in the boat for one would go further for the 4090. The connector thing will hopefully get sorted out. Meanwhile, AMD has a solid offering for the $999 mark and the 4080 loses even more appeal if the 7900XTX outperforms it enough. Meanwhile, this 4070 Ti will have to be competitively priced if it's to have any chance of gaining traction.

I wait to see hard silicone in reviewers hands to put these cards to the test. Anything else is just algebra.

Become a Patron!
Back