Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch #6 Weighs In at 150 GB and Includes a Ton of Fixes, Improvements, New Animations, and More

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Larian Studios has released a gigantic 150 GB quality-of-life update with Baldur's Gate 3 Patch #6 featuring over a thousand fixes, tweaks, and improvements. To say that Baldur's Gate 3 Patch #6 shows the love that the developers have for their game is an understatement.

See full article...

I need to make a correction the patch was like 15 gig the overall install size when done was 150 gig ish.

A 150 gig patch... would be an entire reinstall of the game. Somewhere that got miscommunicated. (Other than maybe needing 150 gig of free space to apply the patch?)

Yeah, I think whoever drew up their patch notes got a little mixed up, not hard to do considering the nearly 1000+ items listed in it. They do, however, mention, that for some who might have a bunch of mods that could bork the game after the update, or maybe don't have enough room for files to be moved around during the update, it might make more sense to simply uninstall and then reinstall the game instead of updating and yeah, at that point, it would be a 150 GB download.

On second thought, the DL size may depend on the user. This is from my laptop that hasn't been on in a few weeks so I don't know if I've missed any others for this game since the last time it was used.

1708358164491.png

Oh wow... maybe GOG does downloads differently? Because yea that's a shockingly large Update download.
Yeah and GOG rarely manages to utilize my almost gigabit speed. It was hanging at 40 to 50 MB/s during the whole time and it took about an hour or so to finish.

Yeah and GOG rarely manages to utilize my almost gigabit speed. It was hanging at 40 to 50 MB/s during the whole time and it took about an hour or so to finish.

The gog galaxy client usually is the same for me. Lucky if it tops out at 50-55 MB/s. The web site is worse usually. Some days the website will download at 30-40 MB/s but usually its limited to 5-6 MB/s for a single file. Download 3-4 files at a time and each will cap at 4 MB/s.

Thus I now mostly use the galaxy client to download the offline installers.

The gog galaxy client usually is the same for me. Lucky if it tops out at 50-55 MB/s. The web site is worse usually. Some days the website will download at 30-40 MB/s but usually its limited to 5-6 MB/s for a single file. Download 3-4 files at a time and each will cap at 4 MB/s.

Thus I now mostly use the galaxy client to download the offline installers.

The cynic in me says that isn't by accident.

Become a Patron!
Back