The Cooler Master MK770 Is a Cutting-Edge Mechanical Hybrid Wireless Keyboard Designed for Comfort, Customizability, and Performance

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The Cooler Master MK770 just might manage to check almost every box one could be looking at for a mechanical keyboard. It has been designed to be useful for productivity, gaming, and casual use with an emphasis on tactile performance and customization. The Cooler Master MK770 has 98 keys, a rare commodity for gaming keyboards where TKL has dominated in recent times, a noise-absorbing and vibration-reducing gasket structure, RGB, Kailh Box V2 Switches, and is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Connectivity options include USB Type-C, Bluetooth 5.1, or 2.4 GHz. It is available in Macaron or Space Gray color schemes.

See full article...

"next level stabilizers"

Man, all these years of using unstable keyboards. I'm definitely buying one.
Good stabilizers should be a given, but they aren't; they also make or break a keyboard experience as they're under every key that is wider than a single letter key (one key unit i.e. 1U). Stuff like having to hit the spacebar in the middle to get it to register exposes poor stabilizers.

101-keys or GTFO. 😁
This is worse for me personally. I prefer TKL which is just a keyboard with the number pad hacked off, and I use a separate USB numpad when needed. Instead, this '98%' layout congests all the keys together making stuff more difficult to find, and then forces you to use weird key combinations for Home and End. I use Shift+Home/End quite a bit when working with text.

That all aside, I do absolutely like where Cooler Master is going here. The build of the keyboard speaks to a focus on the typing experience with a layered gasket configuration and attention to detail on the aforementioned stabilizers. The use of 'dual-mode' wireless is very nice, as is the ability to switch between PC and Mac layouts (for those that need it), without having to remap and relocate keys.

If they do a TKL or full-size version, I'd like to take a look, most especially if their software is up to par.

While I'm pleased to see it has a numpad, good gawd this weird layout without a proper section for the Insert-Home-PageUp-Delete-End-PageDown keys is some real @ss.

...this '98%' layout congests all the keys together making stuff more difficult to find, and then forces you to use weird key combinations for Home and End. I use Shift+Home/End quite a bit when working with text.
Yeah man, this is some stupid-@ss sh1t.

WTF... did I see that video correctly are the numb keys optionally on the left side?

Become a Patron!
Back