Borderlands Studio Gearbox Software Could Be the Next to Leave the Clutches of Embracer Group as Part of a New Sell-Off Deal

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Borderlands Studio Gearbox Software is reportedly working on a deal that could see it sold off to another company. News comes from Kotaku who reached out to Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford, and Embracer Group, following ongoing rumors that the latter might need to sell off the Borderlands studio in the wake of its ongoing financial […]

See full article...

"Uhh ... I quit!"

"No, you were fired."

Sounds like Embracer Group is in a financial bind and needs to sell off assets to get back on even footing. As romantic of a notion as it may seem, and spin it however they may, studios are not necessarily escaping the clutches of their evil overlords. The evil overlords are selling off the assets that bring in the least revenue (or lowest ROI).

Yeah, and depending on who buys who, it could easily be a situation of going from the frying pan to the fire, but in any case I'm hopeful for anyone that can get away from EG. I was impartial about them in the beginning but when the tens of thousands of layoffs and closures began happening I quickly made up my mind. I am aware that the main catalyst for those actions came from when a certain group of investors changed their mind with billions that were being relied upon but it just goes to show what this company was really all about.

Become a Patron!
Back