STAR WARS: Battlefront Classic Collection Launches with Mostly Negative Reviews on Steam: “Worse than the PS2 Game”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
STAR WARS: Battlefront Classic Collection, a new "definitive" collection of Star Wars games that brings the original Battlefront (2004) and Battlefront II (2005) titles from Pandemic Studios and LucasArts to modern platforms, is now available, developer Aspyr Media has announced. The launch of the game has been labeled "awful" by PC players, however, with many on Steam complaining about how the game only had three servers at launch, among other issues.

See full article...

Had this in my wishlist; honestly impressed as 'Mostly Negative' can be considered to be a challenging achievement. Wonder how the performance review is going to go for the PM that said 'ship it anyway'.

Meanwhile, from today's Embracer Group story:

1710446966886.png

I bet someone at Embracer is doing a facepalm over this.

Yeah I haven't really seen anything positive about this title yet myself.

Yeah, I loved those 1st two games. Had both on PS2 and still have my original physical PC versions sitting on a shelf in the cave. It was at a time when they were spewing SW titles at the drop of a hat and only a few were worth anything.

Played the Hoth mission with a 3Dfx Voodoo Graphics - Orchid Righteous 3D. There's significant nostalgia on the line here, and if EA hadn't fumbled this release, they'd have gotten a sale.

Too bad.

Well, the original games were great. Maybe EA's trying to rewrite history by ruining everyone's memories of these games so that the garbage they put out in the future will look good by comparison?
I remember the originals very well, just haven't heard anything good about this release.

Become a Patron!
Back