Fully AI-Generated Games Will Arrive within 5-10 Years, NVIDIA CEO Suggests

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA Founder and CEO Jensen Huang has held a Q&A session with the press as part this week's festivities for NVIDIA GTC 2024, and with it comes the suggestion that even more game developers might be out of a job within the decade, having told one reporter that fully AI-generated games could surface as soon as five years' time.

See full article...

...and they will probably be dull as all hell.

AI - despite its name - is not "intelligence". It is just recursive statistics that can get pretty good at mimicry.

Start mimicking existing games, and all you will have is derivative (literally) boring content after derivative boring content.

AI can probably be used to reduce the workload and increase the productivity of game devs, removing at least some of the boring repetitive work, but if you want to develop games that are fun, you are going to need humans involved.

Jensen, and all of AI can go die in a fire as far as I am concerned.

terminator-thumbs-up.gif

Just imagine how high the concurrent player numbers will get once AI players are factored in. That ought to look good on some board meeting slide. ;)

Probably about the time I will not be gaming much if at all.

...and they will probably be dull as all hell.

AI - despite its name - is not "intelligence". It is just recursive statistics that can get pretty good at mimicry.

Start mimicking existing games, and all you will have is derivative (literally) boring content after derivative boring content.

AI can probably be used to reduce the workload and increase the productivity of game devs, removing at least some of the boring repetitive work, but if you want to develop games that are fun, you are going to need humans involved.

Jensen, and all of AI can go die in a fire as far as I am concerned.
Fully AI created movies and games will never be a thing, the only people who think this is a possibility are tech-bros and investor types. So like Jensen.

But that doesn't mean AI has to die in a fire either, as it can be a great tool in asset creation and making living game words that react to the player.

I agree with MadMummy. The trick will be balancing the data and compute needs for a AI to drive NPC's and a way to keep them from stepping on each-other.

I'd love to be injured in a modern game. And while 90% of folks just walk by... one of them is a Dr or Nurse.. and comes to assist. Even if it's just to stabilize and call a medical team.

Become a Patron!
Back