Qualcomm Says That Its Snapdragon X Elite Processor Should Be Able to Run Most Windows Games

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Qualcomm says that ongoing testing is showing how its upcoming flagship mobile processor will be capable of running most Windows games. The Snapdragon X Elite is set to debut in laptops in June and, pun intended, could be a game changer. Up until now, Windows users have primarily been limited to using devices with AMD or Intel processors but as ARM, and other processor technologies, continue to evolve Windows emulation techniques are opening the door to other possibilities for those on the move who want access to their games and apps.

See full article...

Is it time for Amd/Intel to change from using die space on chip for x32 and other legacy support and switching to emulation as well? I wonder how much that might clean up something like my 7950 x3d, would it make room for more cores or make for smaller dies thus larger yields? Or is the area used minimal? I know close to nothing about chip design.

Now I am wondering how much x32 code I have on my system. How much is in Steam or other games? How much is actual applications?

I know City of Heroes and The Secret World/SWL are old and, I believe both still x32. My 1080ti strained to do both at 4k, my rx6900 did much better but still had some (minor) struggles with aa/af and everything maxed. My 7900xtx does very well. Had to set frame rate caps to stop coil whine even.

I'm honestly surprised Intel hasn't tried to go after anyone emulating x86, like Nintendo has.

I'm honestly surprised Intel hasn't tried to go after anyone emulating x86, like Nintendo has.
Hmm. If you do it entirely in software are you violating any hardware patents? That’s how Microsoft and Apple are doing it today.

My phone has a Snapdragon SOC, I cans plays Crysis?

Become a Patron!
Back