Remedy Shares New Details About Condor, Its Live-Service Control Spin-Off, and Concept Art for Control 2

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Remedy has released its 2023 annual report, and with it comes new details regarding Codename Condor, a spin-off game of Control that is currently in development for PC and consoles, described by the company as being its "first step towards service-based games," with a development budget of €25 million ($27.1m).

See full article...

It's a shame these all are so far out.
I'm really looking forward to the Max Payne remake. I'm curious how much of the story they are going to rework to fit it into the Alan Wake Universe?

I never made it through the first one even though I really thought I would. Just too much back tracking combined with the visual style just bored me to death. Given Remedy's involvement with Epic its no big surprise for the push for live service since they've got to find a new cash cow somewhere. I'm glad that Alan Wake 2 came with my laptop so at some point I'll put more time into checking it out but I doubt Control 2 will be on my list but I do hope the best for them. They created successfully created a new IP and that's not an easy thing.

I loved control and thought it was fun backtracking and all. But I'm old school. Not sure about Alan Wake though. Never got into the first one.

A love service spinoff is a big ? For me. The only love service takes I've really bought into are tru MMORPG. not looter shooters. So depends on the style I guess.

I think I'm just not into games with a lot of back tracking. I've tried more than a few, and completed some, but by the time I'm done I'm pretty burnt out with them so these days as soon as I notice I'm caught in that rut I usually stop.

Remedy's quality is trending down. Max Payne was great, Max Payne 2 maybe even better, but then Alan Wake while still good nowhere near the level of Max Payne. Then Control was a mixed bag it had good bits but the constant backtracking and the useless map combined with maze like levels drove me crazy. I haven't played Alan Wake 2, but from what I've heard it fits the downward trend.

Become a Patron!
Back