“Four or Five Minutes”: Star Wars Outlaws Reveals How Long it Takes to Cross Some Worlds on a Speeder

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Star Wars Outlaws, the new action-adventure game from Massive Entertainment and Ubisoft that will allow players to take on the role of a scoundrel named Kay Vess as she goes on an adventure set between the events of The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983), features some worlds that will only take four or five minutes to cross in their entirety when traveling on a speeder, according to new comments that Julian Gerighty, creative director at Massive Entertainment, shared in a new interview about how making open-world games is "really, really tough."

See full article...

I wish the same could be said about the protagonist. It's as if a committee designed the character to definitely not be attractive to the "male gaze". I first meant that as a joke, but they probably did have a committee for that.

Crushingly, depressingly, I feel the following are to become our protagonists AND antagonists in the dystopian future.

Teams.png

I wish the same could be said about the protagonist. It's as if a committee designed the character to definitely not be attractive to the "male gaze". I first meant that as a joke, but they probably did have a committee for that.
I've seen a number of threads about this and I usually don't give in to such stuff but I do wonder. Honestly the worse part is that the character design just looks bad, as in low-res lack of detail. I have no problem with different appearances and learned a long time ago not to give in to the hollywood/magazine definition of bodytypes but it looks like an 8-bit upscale.

looks bad, as in low-res lack of detai
The entire game feels low effort to me. It doesn't seem to have a soul, just a commercial product for product's sake, without vision. As if the developers didn't care or took pride in making this.

The entire game feels low effort to me. It doesn't seem to have a soul, just a commercial product for product's sake, without vision. As if the developers didn't care or took pride in making this.
hey Chat GPT, I want a starwars game with no jedi, but I want it to have mass appeal. Go...

The irony is that it would probably come up with a better concept as it still understands what it means to appeal to the audience.

I'm glad I got this one for free. That way if it is indeed a total dud then I'm out nothing but time. I'm trying to stay optimistic though.

Interesting tidbit! It's cool to see how they're handling travel times in Star Wars Outlaws. Four or five minutes to cross entire worlds on a speeder sounds like they're balancing scale and gameplay pace really well. Looking forward to seeing more about Kay Vess' adventure!

Become a Patron!
Back