“Worst Streaming Service”: Christopher Nolan Condemns HBO Max for Contributing to the Death of Cinema

I demand more theaters with full drink service.

Waiting for theaters to offer a full vr experience. You walk in. Get a seat and a beverage. Get a bad *** vr headset that they clean and maintain. Then watch the movie with the ability to pause and leave tonsue the restroom then return to your vr cocoon to finish the movie with drink and food brought to you. A 2 hour movie they paid with a 1/2 hour of break time and its by vr cocoon not theater seat. All feeds are max quality streamed from local in house servers.

Of course some body is going to ruin it by tipping hot waitress for extra services.

I never understood the fascination with movie theaters. I hated them, much better to watch any movie from the convenience of my home. So if theaters go dodo? Good riddance, maybe, maybe then movie making will become a regular business like actual essential services where the involved don't make millions in a few weeks of work, but only get a regular salary like the rest of us.

I demand more theaters with full drink service.

Those are pretty common around me (DFW). The niche theaters like Alamo Drafthouse of course, and the Studio Movie Grill types (I don't like them, most are sh!tty). The AMC and Cinemark started offering adult bevs too, but $10 for a Bud light or a crappily made cocktail isn't worth it. They literally charge strip club prices for their drinks.

I used to just sneak a flask in, but one time I broke one (a nice metal one) and it leaked bourbon all into my pants. That was a fun movie, sitting in wet pants and smelling like a bum the whole time.

Waiting for theaters to offer a full vr experience. You walk in. Get a seat and a beverage. Get a bad *** vr headset that they clean and maintain. Then watch the movie with the ability to pause and leave tonsue the restroom then return to your vr cocoon to finish the movie with drink and food brought to you. A 2 hour movie they paid with a 1/2 hour of break time and its by vr cocoon not theater seat. All feeds are max quality streamed from local in house servers.

Of course some body is going to ruin it by tipping hot waitress for extra services.

Man I dunno that I want to use community VR gear.... eww. Kinda like that time we went snorkling around Bahamas and all the gear got "cleaned" by throwing into a barrel of nasty "soap" water. (If I ever do that again I'm taking my own snorkel at the least)

Peewee Herman

Who is this guy again?

A self indulgent director and doesn't realise how terrible parts of his end product is with regards to editing, scripting, dialog and sound mixing.

Despite the amount of time he's been in the industry, he still has problems with basic spatial and temporal coherency within scenes but at least between The Dark Knight and Dunkirk there has been some progress toward the bare ****ing minimum.

The degree to which he relies to this day on blaring Zimmermusik, convoluted plotting and frenetic audiovisual chaos to overwhelm the audience’s critical faculties and keep them from noticing shoddy scene construction is kind of hilarious.

Dude is Hollywood’s primo hack auteur, IMNSHO.

It’s alright to enjoy Nolan films for the dumb spectacles that they are but there’s this prevailing notion that he’s a great filmmaker which really needs to die. He’s a pseudo-intellectual Michael Bay (before which he was a pseudo-intellectual M. Night Shyamalan) with arguably less visual talent.

Dude is Hollywood’s primo hack auteur, IMNSHO.

I think that would be Michael Bay. And during the 90's he was a big name director before he turned into a running joke.

Also let's not forget that it is a Nolan mandate that every movie be an hour too long. I don't think he's made a movie since Memento (which was one of his first movies) that was under 2 hours.

Become a Patron!
Back