“You Got This. Probably.”: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Is Free on the Epic Games Store

EGS has recently had a number of decent AAA titles and I've kind of been surprised. Best recommendation is to check daily because they are usually only available for 24 hrs. I just found out this morning, about an hour before it expired that the first A Plague Tale was up and I've grabbed two or three other games from them recently that I might actually play.

On that note. This game isn't for everybody but I really enjoyed. I paid for it at launch and it's one of the few where I ended up doing a 2nd play through barely a week after the 1st. An average play through with taking your time and looking at everything can be around 30-40 hours but could take much, much, less if you just focus on the basic parts. I took my time in checking out everything I could so it took longer. I've played it maybe 4 or 5 times in total. Graphics go from meh to pretty good and once you get used to the voice acting it's totally awesome. I read somewhere that Gunn had actually taken some inspiration from this game with some of the visuals in Vol 3 and he was also really impressed with the game.

Edit: Just noticed this one is available until the 11th so I guess the daily holiday offerings are over now.

I've been wanting to check out this game ever since I saw a friend playing it on his XBSX a couple years ago. I was thinking about trying out a "community demo" before grabbing the game on Steam on sale. But hey, EGS gave it out for free, so I guess that works out.

just found out this morning, about an hour before it expired that the first A Plague Tale was up
And this is not even the first time they've offered it for free.

I pay so little attention to my EGS library that I've gone and bought games on Steam that I've already had on EGS, cuz I didn't know. Haha oh well!

Best recommendation is to check daily because they are usually only available for 24 hrs.
Well it's normally just every Thursday, but for the holidays they've been doing one every day. Don't recall when it started or when it will end, but I think it's supposed to be for 15 days, or something like that.

Just noticed this one is available until the 11th so I guess the daily holiday offerings are over now.
Ah okay, I see, looks like the daily free games are over now.

I paid for it at launch and it's one of the few where I ended up doing a 2nd play through barely a week after the 1st. An average play through with taking your time and looking at everything can be around 30-40 hours but could take much, much, less if you just focus on the basic parts. I took my time in checking out everything I could so it took longer. I've played it maybe 4 or 5 times in total. Graphics go from meh to pretty good and once you get used to the voice acting it's totally awesome.
Oh okay, so you've played through it. Twice in fact, so that means you really enjoyed it. Yeah I've been mighty curious about it. It seemed interesting and fun from when I was watching my friend.

I'd say that some of the best parts are wandering around the ship and listening to the dialogue between the other characters. There's so much more going on with that kind of stuff than I've experienced with most games.

Oh okay, so you've played through it. Twice in fact, so that means you really enjoyed it.
Yep, and was starting another right before I finally got into RDR2. I still might go back to it after depending on how I'm feeling at that point.

Become a Patron!
Back