“You Shouldn’t Be Celebrating”: Star Wars: The Acolyte Fans React to Cancellation of Disney+ Series after Just One Season

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Star Wars: The Acolyte, the Disney+ television series from Leslye Headland (Russian Doll) that follows a group of Jedi as they investigate several murders at the end of the High Republic era, has been canceled after just one season by Disney, but some do not appear to be happy with the company's decision, according to the latest reactions that can be found on social media, including some that have called the news "shocking and devastating."

See full article...

Never tried this series based on everything I've read. Sounds like I didn't miss anything.

Yes we should absolutely celebrate something awful actually getting cancelled these days, seeing on how studios kept renewing trash because of a refusal to admit that it had failed with the audience. With streaming they could hide or "round up" viewing figures for a while, but now that is getting increasingly difficult as nielsen ratings are becoming available for streaming as well.

Yea this series was sadly garbage and written to make you hate the star wars universe.

The worst part is that it actually looked promising but then you got Star Woke instead of Star Wars.

The worst part is that it actually looked promising
I agree and that's why I do expect that certain story elements will find their way into other projects if even only for some kind of easter egg style reference.

Star wars just needs to pretend this series never happened. You know how highlander did with the second movie.

What.. no... They were never aliens . What are you talking about... Watch the TV series...

Spot on. I'll never forget how Connery threatened to sue if they didn't let him break his contract.

Meh.

While I loved the first three Star Wars films, the universe has pretty much been dead to me since I first saw the Phantom Menace, and it only went downhill from there.

Except the Mandalorian. I actually liked the Mandalorian.

But honestly, I have been in post move hell since 2021 when we bought this house. My home theater system is still in boxes and not set up. I haven't really watched any scripted TV series or more than a handful of Movies since then.

All the shows I was following have released more seasons, and it has been long enough that I have completely forgotten where we were in the story lines, that I'd probably have to start all over again. It's a **** show.

Life gets in the way I guess.

While I loved the first three Star Wars films, the universe has pretty much been dead to me since I first saw the Phantom Menace, and it only went downhill from there.

Totally agree. I've tried really hard to make myself become more engaged with anything else and usually regret it.

But honestly, I have been in post move hell since 2021 when we bought this house. My home theater system is still in boxes and not set up. I haven't really watched any scripted TV series or more than a handful of Movies since then.

Really bummed for you there. Nowhere near the same but after doing a bunch of projects in 2024 my cave now has things stacked up in front of its closet, with some more in the corner of our bedroom, and garage, and I'm just too tired to deal with it now. Fall is on the way and I usually get another wave of energy then when the temps drop so maybe then. Meanwhile I pushed things aside just enough in the cave so I can sit on the couch to game or watch stuff but its not exactly comfortable.

Life gets in the way I guess.
Yep, doesn't help that lately I've been feeling more like just enjoying a little time on the patio with a beer while watching the flora and fauna, and when not sleeping either listening to music or watching something until I fall asleep.

Meh.

While the on screen content was pretty much dead since then, I disagree about the universe. I still love the Star Wars universe, and would love if we got actual good games set in it. There are so many options, it is sad that the talentless hacks in charge can't really come up with anything original and exciting.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about Eclipse, because I loved Beyond Two Souls and Detroit Become Human, yeah they are interactive movies rather than video games but that does not bother me much. But I have no faith in Disney producing good Star Wars.
The Mandalorian S1 was a 6/10 at best, and it went downhill fast after that. S2, was down to 4/10 and I checked out of S3 during the first episode.
I'm in a similar but different boat. I used to be a huge TV series consumer, I remember watching 10 hours of TV / week on average at the peak around 2010. Then in 2014 I was sent on an "away mission" where I spent the better part of 6 months on the road, during which I could not follow any TV. I could never pick up after that. I could only manage to watch one or two series a year since then. And by series I mean seasons not complete series with 5 seasons or more.
All the shows I was following have released more seasons, and it has been long enough that I have completely forgotten where we were in the story lines, that I'd probably have to start all over again. It's a **** show.
I'm feeling that. There are numerous shows that I left off at the time in 2014 and still haven't picked up again to finish. Or tried and failed.

Become a Patron!
Back