Phil Spencer Says That Microsoft Hasn’t Given Up on Bringing Final Fantasy XIV to Xbox

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
It's been over ten years since the launch of Final Fantasy XIV on PC and console and Phil Spencer says that Microsoft still hasn't given up on bringing it to Xbox. The popular online game..

Go to post

It’s somewhat odd because FFXI was on the 360 (but not the PS3) - iirc there was a dispute over XBGL being a requirement: it was as not for 11, but rumor was MS was going to require it for 14 and S/E was adamant that it not.

Maybe it's just me, but every time I see the name of this franchise regardless of the Roman numeral involved, but especially any that include an "X", I can't help but think to myself that maybe the word "final" doesn't mean what they think it means. That said, I am completely unfamiliar with the FF body of work except that many years ago we rented a cartoon video (VHS at the time) that was completely forgettable, so I have no clue if the word "final" in the title has a different context than the usual.

Maybe it's just me, but every time I see the name of this franchise regardless of the Roman numeral involved, but especially any that include an "X", I can't help but think to myself that maybe the word "final" doesn't mean what they think it means. That said, I am completely unfamiliar with the FF body of work except that many years ago we rented a cartoon video (VHS at the time) that was completely forgettable, so I have no clue if the word "final" in the title has a different context than the usual.

Well afaik most of the games stand on their own, only X had a sequel in X-2, but it's a bit like AC/DC it all looks a bit alike and the quality depends mostly on the inspiration of the moment story wise anyways, I haven't realy played a lot of them, and none b4 VII and not much is still engraged in my memory other then XV gameplay was crap and the story mediocre at best.

only X had a sequel in X-2
13 had two sequels, and 7 had a prequel, sequel and lot of spinoffs

But yeah, outside of some franchise commonalities (Chocobos, Cid, Gaia, etc) - each numerical entry is almost it's own universe / world / lore / etc. But even that has some exception - 12 and Tactics share the same world and lore. 14 pulls a lot of characters, locations and lore from other games, but isn't in any of their universes - it's it's own distinct thing.

Become a Patron!
Back