Logitech Unveils G CLOUD Gaming Handheld Ahead of October 2022 Release

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Logitech has unveiled the G CLOUD Gaming Handheld, a purpose-built gaming device for cloud gaming.

Go to post

Yep, this is what I was alluding to the other day. Now that others have seen the success of the Steam Deck everyone and their dog is trying to cash in with it. At least it can use GeForce Now but that also means you have another digital mouth feed if you want to keep using it. Basically paying $300 to get trapped into a subscription plan.

Now that others have seen the success of the Steam Deck everyone and their dog is trying to cash in with it.
I would be more ok with it if it were like a Steam Deck. This just plays Streaming Services -- so it's just a stripped down tablet with a built-in controller.

A Steam Deck is miniature x86 computer that has a built-in game pad. You can plug in a KBM and external monitor and use it for anything you wanted to, if you wanted to.

Looked it up -- "Snapdragon 720G SoC with an 8-core CPU" -- now, Arm can do some stuff, but I doubt this particular one does.

Yep, this is what I was alluding to the other day. Now that others have seen the success of the Steam Deck everyone and their dog is trying to cash in with it. At least it can use GeForce Now but that also means you have another digital mouth feed if you want to keep using it. Basically paying $300 to get trapped into a subscription plan.
To be fair, there's a free tier.

I would be more ok with it if it were like a Steam Deck. This just plays Streaming Services -- so it's just a stripped down tablet with a built-in controller.

A Steam Deck is miniature x86 computer that has a built-in game pad. You can plug in a KBM and external monitor and use it for anything you wanted to, if you wanted to.

Looked it up -- "Snapdragon 720G SoC with an 8-core CPU" -- now, Arm can do some stuff, but I doubt this particular one does.
It might do pretty well as an emulation console, probably could do up to PS2.

Become a Patron!
Back