Dead Space Remake Gets an Official Gameplay Trailer, Showing Jaw-Dropping Graphics in 4K

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
EA has released the first official gameplay trailer for the Dead Space remake, offering a good look at how Motive Studios has improved upon Visceral Games' original 2008 sci-fi/horror classic.

Go to post

Looks like most every Frostbite game - not bad, some neat stuff in there, but my jaw didn't exactly drop.

Also. EA. :poop:

Honestly, I never played anything in the dead-space series.

Primarily because they are third person, and I just don't do third person games.

But also, their marketing stratedgy for Dead Space 2 years back, the whole "your mom hates Dead Space 2" just made me roll my eyes into the back of my head, and turned me off from the series completely.

Looks nice. Very well done from the brief clip.
I played all three a bunch of times, it was an outstanding series of games.
Once you get past the third person (it quickly seems just fine, even if you are a first person player) the games are really fun and well done, with an actual story.
I'm very excited to play this game at high resolution. Maybe I'll have a 4080 by then?

Dude.... Day 1....I may even pre-order this one. First Mass Effect now Dead Space. Now we just need an Arkham Asylum remake and I'll be in hawg heaven!

Last edited:
Dude.... Day 1....I may even pre-order this one. First Madd Effect now Dead Space. Now we just need an Arkham Asylum remake and I'll be in hawg heaven!

Lol, I've never played any of those.

I haven't even heard of the first one :p

I got into them around the time that the 2nd one came out and actually bought the 3rd through Amazon back in the day. Someone I knew back then recommended the 1st one to me because of how much I loved John Carpenter's The Thing and how much I also loved the game that came out in the early 2000s and was basically a sequel. I was honestly surprised at how scary it really was. Most movies/shows have felt tame by comparison ever since. At one time JC even said he'd played it, loved it, and wanted to do a movie as well but I think he retired shortly after.

The only thing I really got sick of was all the backtracking but I'm still looking forward to this. I also like how they said each level will be a bit more open-world by design thus giving more options to explore. It's nice when you're not trapped in a linear-type playthrough.

I know most people hated the 3rd game but I thought it had some good moments here and there.

There are some screenshots somewhere in our forums from about a year or two ago shortly after I got the CRG9. I set the in-game resolution to 5120x1440p but then used NV CP to upscale it to an 8K similar type resolution, and set every setting in CP and in the game to max (turned off motion blur though). The game looked pretty impressive then and I think I had a Strix 3090 that managed a solid 100 FPS with it using those settings. I really hope they update the controls too. I remember after tinkering with it how clunky they felt compared to more modern games.

But also, their marketing stratedgy for Dead Space 2 years back, the whole "your mom hates Dead Space 2" just made me roll my eyes into the back of my head, and turned me off from the series completely.
I'd forgotten about that and yeah, that ad sucked. I sort of remember seeing it somewhere but can remember if it was online or in a magazine.

I'd forgotten about that and yeah, that ad sucked. I sort of remember seeing it somewhere but can remember if it was online or in a magazine.

I can't remember where I saw the ad either.

I almost feel like it ran on TV? Is/was advertising games on TV even a thing?

Either way, yeah. It was moronic.

I had a friend give up on finishing that game cuz of how scary it was.
Not gonna lie, I would put it down for moments if I felt I was a little too tense but still came back. I've done the same for parts of some RE games. I also found the various nursery segments disturbing, to say the least.

Become a Patron!
Back