FSP Unveils New ATX 3.0 PSU Range, Ready to Hit Shelves Soon

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
FSP has introduced its first ATX 3.0 power supplies in the form of various HYDRO and DAGGER PRO models that range from 1,200 watts to 850 watts with Platinum and Gold efficiencies.

Go to post

Who's FSP? That was my first thought... like.... I've never heard of them.

I've built a couple systems or so with FSP PSUs. Not bad. Well I can only really remember one, but I think it was a unit that reviewed well on [H].

Just ordered the 1200W Platinum. Should be here by next weekend.
I noticed a pic in the Nvidia connector thread from @Niner51 of a partially-visible "FSP Hydro PTM PRO ATX 3.0 1200W" (copy-pasted from sig). Is that the one you ordered?

I see there's a "Hydro PTM X PRO" in the lineup as well for an extra $20, but it's not entirely clear to me what eXtra value the "X" offers. There are a couple of differences in the product descriptions:

I noticed a pic in the Nvidia connector thread from @Niner51 of a partially-visible "FSP Hydro PTM PRO ATX 3.0 1200W" (copy-pasted from sig). Is that the one you ordered?

I see there's a "Hydro PTM X PRO" in the lineup as well for an extra $20, but it's not entirely clear to me what eXtra value the "X" offers. There are a couple of differences in the product descriptions:

Yep. We've had some good reviews of other FSP PSUs so between @Niner51 and them I thought it worth a shot. I'd looked on Newegg but wasn't confident with putting a "sunflower" or other interesting things they had nor some of the other ones I'd seen on Amazon plus 1200W is all I really need.

1200W is all I really need.
Same here. Sure I could have waited and gotten a higher model, but I don't really need it to be honest. Slim pickings for ATX 3.0 power supplies out there right now. Between the FSP, the only others were a Thermaltake (Never been a fan), and an MSI (Too unknown) that I've seen.

Become a Patron!
Back