Netflix Announced Henry Cavill’s Exit and Recasts Geralt of Rivia with Liam Hemsworth for The Witcher Season 4

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The announcement came via Netflix's TUDUM website where it shared quotes from both actors who posted about the recasting on their respective social media accounts.

See full article...

I gotta catch up on the witcher, i enjoyed season 1. I guessing Henry Cavill has more work available one can't do it all obviously.

I gotta catch up on the witcher, i enjoyed season 1. I guessing Henry Cavill has more work available one can't do it all obviously.
History disagrees. Will Smith, etc. is known to contribute their talents in multi-projects a year.

The Witcher TV Show should be working on its 5th season, not the 4th and the "go-to" COVID BS is a lame excuse today because if that were really true, well, COVID would've also disrupted Netflix MAIN extremely popular TV series production, Stranger Things, for over a year+ too but it did not (I guess that ENTIRE casts must be COVID immune, huh 😏).

Nah, the writing has been on the wall for the lead male protagonist for the entire The Witcher franchise for a while. I hope Hemsworth doesn't get to comfortable with his new gig.

That's too bad. Cavill really nailed the role of Geralt, which initially surprised me.
Liam Hemsworth? The word "no" comes to mind.

I'm a huge fan of The Witcher (games, books), but the Netflix series has been such an epic disaster that I can't say I care much what they do with it anymore. I don't think the 3rd season is even due until the summer of 2023.
The Witcher TV Show should be working on its 5th season, not the 4th and the "go-to" COVID BS is a lame excuse today
You may be on to something. Witchers have natural immunity to the disease, and I'm sure they have some potion recipes for those who are susceptible.

I've enjoyed the series to be honest. This is surprising to me but it is what it is. I hope they kill off Geralt rather than swap actors.

I've enjoyed the series too - I found the second season dipped a bit (even with the first season's weird time hopping), but Cavill was a surprise to me how good he was in the role. Not a big fan of a recast, but I do feel Hemsworth "looks" more like how I imagine Geralt to look. No idea how he'd act in a mature role, I only remember him from teen-style dramas.

Yeah, I'm mixed on the recast but they probably could've done worse. As is I'm mixed on the show, to begin with. I like it but am not drawn back to rewatch it as much as I would've hoped but to be fair that's true for most things these days.

That's too bad. Cavill really nailed the role of Geralt, which initially surprised me.
Liam Hemsworth? The word "no" comes to mind.

I'm a huge fan of The Witcher (games, books), but the Netflix series has been such an epic disaster that I can't say I care much what they do with it anymore. I don't think the 3rd season is even due until the summer of 2023.

You may be on to something. Witchers have natural immunity to the disease, and I'm sure they have some potion recipes for those who are susceptible.
You mean just like Stranger Things supernatural abilities that were under the same COVID conditions but ST did not miss a beat per year/season deployment?

C'mon now, we all know that any sinister government lab experiments will overpower the Witcher potions any day. 😏

We're kind of struggling with this season so far. We just finished the first half last night and it's obvious the showrunners are doing everything possible to turn this into a Game of Thrones clone. The story has always had that element but it didn't have to be the primary focus and it seems the showrunners think that's what everyone wants.

We'll probably watch it until the end of the current season and check out the S4 premiere but I have doubts about how much more beyond that.

Become a Patron!
Back