MONTECH Launches ATX 3.0 and PCIe 5.0 Ready TITAN GOLD Power Supplies

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
MONTECH, a leading PC component and peripheral brand, has announced its ATX 3.0 and PCIe Gen 5.0 (12+4-pin 12VHPWR connector) ready TITAN GOLD series of power supplies for NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 40 Series GPUs, featuring high-quality components such as 100% Japanese 105°C capacitors and silent operation via an FDB (fluid dynamic bearing) fan that supports zero RPM mode under low-load situations.

See full article...

Everyone is getting in on the PSU craze it seems. I know their cases are decent, and budget friendly, but I'd want to see some reviews before I'd consider one of their units.

I'm sorry but 80 plus gold at 1200 watts... No thanks. Give me at LEAST platinum if not titanium efficiency ratings for over 1000 watts or there is no real point other than burning a LOT more power.

The difference between 80% and 90% at 1000 watts is 100 watts easy math. at 1200 watts its 120 watts power consumption difference. Over time that matters.

Everyone is getting in on the PSU craze it seems. I know their cases are decent, and budget friendly, but I'd want to see some reviews before I'd consider one of their units.
I couldn't remember of hearing about them before but that name is generic enough that I could've and just forgot about. @Paul_Johnson is definitely our goto for this sutff but in case he's out of pocket right now I did a quick google for who might be making the guts of this thing.

This is a review for a totally different model (650W Gold) from Anandtech and they mention that MONTECH used a company called Channel-Well Technology (CWT).

From Anandtech, "Montech is using a very popular platform for the Century Gold 650W unit, instantly revealing that Channel-Well Technology (CWT) is the OEM behind the creation of this PSU. CWT is an established designer and producer of PC PSU platforms, with the company primarily focusing on the middle market range."

Here's the link for that review:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/17476/the-montech-century-gold-650w-psu-review

Become a Patron!
Back