Rumored NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Ada Laptop GPU Specs Leaked Showing the RTX 4080 and 4090 Capable of Up to 200-Watt TGP

So your new gaming laptop will sound like a hand held vacume?
If they're lucky. My MSI GP66 Leopard sounds like a drone when its fans ramp up. I don't have an easy answer but I really feel that laptop manufacturers need to come up with something better because it's only getting worse with each new gen.

If they're lucky. My MSI GP66 Leopard sounds like a drone when its fans ramp up. I don't have an easy answer but I really feel that laptop manufacturers need to come up with something better because it's only getting worse with each new gen.
My incoming Lenovo Legion Slim 7 Gen 7, AMD Advantage Edition, (due to delays, not gonna get it until a few days after tree-hugging day) hit the markers I was looking for:
  • Good Relative Compactness/Low Weight
  • Good Looks (at my age, being seen with a blatantly "gaming laptop" w/disco lights while working is a serious no-no)
  • Good Utility
  • Good Durability
  • Good Battery Life
  • Good Display Resolution (got the 2560x1600)
  • Solid Overall Cooling
  • Good Gaming Capability (RX 6800S w/considerably more wattage than other laptops w/the same GPU)
  • Low Noise Levels w/o Compromising Gaming
No ethernet port though, so there is that caveat -- but, given everything else, I was more than willing to make that tradeoff.

Our friends from Canada had a review of this laptop last month, that greatly persuaded me to buy it: Lenovo Legion Slim 7 Gen 7 Review

My incoming Lenovo Legion Slim 7 Gen 7, AMD Advantage Edition, (due to delays, not gonna get it until a few days after tree-hugging day) hit the markers I was looking for:
  • Good Relative Compactness/Low Weight
  • Good Looks (at my age, being seen with a blatantly "gaming laptop" w/disco lights while working is a serious no-no)
  • Good Utility
  • Good Durability
  • Good Battery Life
  • Good Display Resolution (got the 2560x1600)
  • Solid Overall Cooling
  • Good Gaming Capability (RX 6800S w/considerably more wattage than other laptops w/the same GPU)
  • Low Noise Levels w/o Compromising Gaming
No ethernet port though, so there is that caveat -- but, given everything else, I was more than willing to make that tradeoff.

Our friends from Canada had a review of this laptop last month, that greatly persuaded me to buy it: Lenovo Legion Slim 7 Gen 7 Review
I just skimmed through the video. Still has some noise if you really want to crank it but overall a really nice-looking laptop.

Become a Patron!
Back