PC Version of Gran Turismo 7 Isn’t in Development, says Polyphony Digital President

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Sony is undoubtedly planning to bring more PlayStation exclusives to PC, but its latest flagship racing game isn't one of them, according to Polyphony Digital president Kazunori Yamauchi, who told Dengeki Online in a new interview that a PC version of Gran Turismo 7 isn't in development.

See full article...

Good it would flounder next to the competition.
Part of the reason the GT series has done so well is because it was locked to consoles, and Sony consoles at that. On PC it would get destroyed by the competition. That said, I still wish it would show up on PC, cuz I do NOT like exclusives, especially console exclusives. PC is the best platform to play EVERY video game.

Considering what everyone said when the story about this popped up a month ago it's probably for the best. It sounds like Polyphony needs to work on itself and get the franchise back on track.

Part of the reason the GT series has done so well is because it was locked to consoles, and Sony consoles at that. On PC it would get destroyed by the competition. That said, I still wish it would show up on PC, cuz I do NOT like exclusives, especially console exclusives. PC is the best platform to play EVERY video game.
I would love to see it on PC as well, but like you mentioned it wouldn't fair well.

Considering what everyone said when the story about this popped up a month ago it's probably for the best. It sounds like Polyphony needs to work on itself and get the franchise back on track.
Yeah for specifically GT7 not ending up on PC, I was like "no real loss", based on what I heard online and from friends who played it.

I wish they'd go back to the GT2/GT3/GT4 formula for the games, but with more tracks/cars and way better visuals. I'd buy a console to play that game unless it ends up on PC.

I tried the first one on PS but could not get the license to start racing, at least my neighbour had some fun with it.

I tried the first one on PS but could not get the license to start racing, at least my neighbour had some fun with it.

Ah yes, I forgot about the licenses you need to race the cars. Some of them were very difficult, even in GT3. I guess they could leave that out. haha

Literally any other part of the series would be more welcome on PC. If I wanted to rank GT games:
#1 GT4, #2 GT2, #3 GT6, #4 GT5, #5 GT3, #6 GT1, #7 GT Sport, #8 GT7

And mind you GT1 is still a great game, it is just so low on the list because the others surpassed it, I completed both GT1 and GT2 on emulator this year, and I loved every minute of it.

GT7 is just a misguided attempt at bridging the gap between multiplayer and single player. The hardcore online racers are butthurt that those who wanted a proper GT game are trashing it. Because as far as SP content goes it is very lacking, and even what we got is linear and boring, or repetitive and grindy. Many of the tracks only have one or two events to run, no variety, no freedom. And they would say you can create custom events. Might as well watch grass grow then. The game is not a sim (despite the tagline) it is an arcade racer, you don't play it for the sake of it like assetto corsa or any other actual sims.

Become a Patron!
Back