NVIDIA Ships Engineering Boards for TITAN RTX “Ada” with 48 GB (GDDR6?) Memory

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA may be planning to unveil a new TITAN GPU sooner than expected. According to import data spotted on Volza, a website that offers global export and import trade data for 209 countries, green team has already begun shipping out what is believed to be the engineering board (PG137) for its next-generation, Ada-based TITAN RTX product to development centers around the world for testing purposes. Rumors shared by prominent leaker Kopite7kimi have suggested that this graphics card will launch with 48 GB of GDDR6X memory, but the shipping data implies otherwise, with GDDR6 being listed: COMPUTER GRAPHICS CARD PCA PG137 EB2 SKU0000 384-BIT 48GB GDDR6/D 699-1G137-0000-EB2 / TEST UNIT - 999 FOR TESTING PURP.

See full article...

Not gonna lie I want to see what this card does.

The same way I want to see the super cars run the Nuburgring. Sure I won't be doing it any time soon but it sure is fun to watch!

I don’t think it’s going to be all that much ahead of a 4090, right? Like, 10% tops?

If you look at the socket... there is a good margine. Maybe that compared to a 4090ti.

The real hero will be for those that would get a current RTX6000 but get this instead.

Here's the link for the leaks that came out over the weekend but also another copy of the rumored specs, that include the AD102 GPU specs for all three of these cards which gives a little more insight into what gains might be possible. I think the big takeaway is that this card will be what previous Titans were. A card that content creators can truly use, 48 GB VRAM, plus all the benefits of a gaming card.

https://forums.thefpsreview.com/thr...titan-graphics-cards-emerge.11501/#post-66840

I originally posted this, from VideoCardz, in the AMD potential 3D GPU cache thread because it mentioned the L2 caches for these cards, hence the highlight.

It's been rumored for some time that NVIDIA is planning on announcing this card as part of its 30th-anniversary celebration in April.

Seems to me unless you need it for specific content creation thst the 4090ti would be the better card.
Yep, I think it'll all come down to pricing. The 4090 Ti, if it does get released and I'm actually unsure about this one because I can't remember the last time, if ever, NVIDIA released an x80, x90, x90 Ti, and Titan all in the same generation would be the best of both worlds. It would just come down to pricing because, with 48 GB on the Titan, I'd expect that card to be between $2500-$3K. It's kind of mind-boggling that NVIDIA could be loading up the top stack this much. If the 4090 Ti does come out I think MSRP will be $1999.99.

Become a Patron!
Back