New Mod for Control Adds HDR and 32:9 Ultrawide Support, Updates Game to DLSS 2.5.1, and More

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Remedy Entertainment's Control was one of several games (Death Stranding, Metro Exodus, Shadow of the Tomb Raider) that served as essential poster children for incorporating DLSS and FSR, and later XeSS, technologies, but was oddly lacking in a couple of features often found in PC games, namely HDR and 32:9 support. Filippo Tarpini has provided a new mod that adds these and many other graphical features.

See full article...

I got this game for free and have yet to even install it yet. Honestly, I probably never will.

I got it at launch on Epic, and kind of got into it but at the time I was mainly playing it on the CRG9 and DLSS 1.0 basically wouldn't support it. Later I got it on GOG and have wanted to go back. I'm probably going to install this mod on both rigs to experience all it has to offer. It's a game I want to like but I never get fully into it but this mod might do the trick with its visual improvements. At the moment though, I've got a lot on my plate in playing Witcher 3, Metro Exodus, and Dead Space.

For me, it was like having Jean Grey merged with Agent Scully, which I dug. I mostly liked the visuals but after getting spoiled by the depths of blacks with OLED, I felt the lack of HDR really impacted the game. When it came to the game's many dark scenes all I've ever seen were washed-out artifacts and it really lessened the experience for me. It always felt like the game was working with 8-bit color depth.

Become a Patron!
Back