Corsair Launches All-In-One BUILD KITS to Take the Stress Out of PC Building

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Enthusiasts who are planning to build a new system don't necessarily have to go through the arguably tedious process of searching out the ideal parts and ensuring that they're compatible. Corsair has announced its new BUILD KITS, pre-selected sets of curated PC components that simplify the process of building a PC, including a motherboard, Intel CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics card, memory, case, cooler, PSU, and even a toolkit. All of these components are hand-picked by experts to guarantee compatibility and optimal performance, according to Corsair. The ELITE, PRO, and CORE BUILD KITS are available immediately from Corsair's webstore in the United States, while the ULTRA BUILD KIT will be available later in Q1 2023.

See full article...

Not really a surprise but some of those PSUs seem a little anemic to me. I tried my 1000W in the 3700X rig with the 3090 Ti and although it had no problem doing it I could tell it was producing more heat due to the 600+ it was probably having to provide. When I swapped my 1200W in there I did notice a drop in temps. Throwing a 13900 and a 4090 that will use about the same seems like asking for trouble. That 550W on the core model seems like cutting corners. Sure it can handle it but why make it work harder? It's just going to mean more heat and noise since that fan will always have to spin up under loads. They should've gone with 650W and called it a day. Any of what they are offering will work but seems just a little low IMHO. Honestly, though, we could probably count the months on one hand w/o repeating before the Core and Pro kits are 'refreshed' after NV launches the 4070 and 4060.

Seems to me, the benefits to building your own system are that you have to research and hand pick the components accounting for compatibility, cost, performance, value, availability, and other intrinsics. Screwing the hardware together and plugging it in is only a small piece of the eventual satisfaction. Having someone else do the legwork seems like it would rob a portion of the pride and joy in building your own computer.

YMMV

Seems to me, the benefits to building your own system are that you have to research and hand pick the components accounting for compatibility, cost, performance, value, availability, and other intrinsics. Screwing the hardware together and plugging it in is only a small piece of the eventual satisfaction. Having someone else do the legwork seems like it would rob a portion of the pride and joy in building your own computer.

YMMV
Exactly. Picking the parts and making it your own is part of the experience.

The death of the "Help me build" and "Rate my build" posts.

It's a dying art - kinda like modifying cars - you still have a small community that loves it, but by and large most everyone just drives something off the shelf.

I get what corsair is trying to do here though. Some people want.to build their own but arnt in the game to have the depth of knowledge and really to know about a forum like this one you kind of need to be in the game already.

I get what corsair is trying to do here though. Some people want.to build their own but arnt in the game to have the depth of knowledge and really to know about a forum like this one you kind of need to be in the game already.
Yes I agree. The pandemic brought a lot of people to the hobby, so there is a market for this sort of thing.

Exactly. Picking the parts and making it your own is part of the experience.
There are a lot of people that don't know what the parts are, what is compatible with what, differences in platforms/sockets/chipsets, QVL lists for RAM, what the speeds and timings mean. They want to build a rig, but don't know where to start, have no one that can help them, and everything is confusing/overwhelming when they start looking on sites like Newegg.

So I get where kits like this come in. They have their place. Help people get their feet wet in PC building with a lot less hassle.

So I get where kits like this come in. They have their place. Help people get their feet wet in PC building with a lot less hassle.
You have a point, but in the past that was what pulled people into the community - asking those questions to other builders. That's what I hope doesn't just wither away.

You have a point, but in the past that was what pulled people into the community - asking those questions to other builders. That's what I hope doesn't just wither away.
I think it's a good place for newbs to start. Once they get in to it, and find those communities of builders, they're not going to buy another "builder kit".

We can thank, in part, twitch streamers for the rise in PC gaming and custom PC's. I'm just happy that PC gaming is as strong as it's ever been. When people were saying not too long ago that PC gaming was soon to be dead.

Become a Patron!
Back