12-Core (5 GHz Boost) and 16-Core Ryzen (3.2 GHz Base) 3000 CPUs Allegedly Leaked

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Scottish leaker Jim (AdoredTV) has shared new information regarding two of AMD’s top-of-the-line Ryzen 3000 series processors. These are believed to be the Ryzen 7 3700/X and Ryzen 9 3850/X, which will flaunt 12 and 16 cores, respectively.

The 12-core CPU’s base clock is still a mystery, but its boost clock is supposedly 5 GHz. The 16-core variant is said to have a base clock of 3.2 GHz and boost clock of 4.3 GHz. It’s listed with a Cinebench R15 benchmark score of 4,278, placing it just under an Intel i9 7960X (4.8 GHz, 4,288).

If the 16 core chip’s overclocking results are anything to go by then we may be able to see these 12 core Ryzens overclock to 4.2 GHz+ on all cores. There’s very little doubt that these 12 cores will be extremely popular among enthusiasts, due to their exceedingly high clocks and core counts. We could be looking at the new jack of all trades chip, with decent gaming performance and incredible multi-core brute force.

The core counts and clock speeds make some sense. Right now, we have 16 core Threadripper parts that can do 4.2GHz on all cores. I would have doubts that some of the AM4 motherboards could handle that, but changes to the Zen architecture and a die shrink could certainly make this possible. The 12 core part boosting to 5.0GHz is harder to believe, but again I wouldn't discount the possibility.

If it's true, the 12-core boosting to 5GHz CPU is in my future for my new personal PC build.

Need to see what M/B's are (or will be) supporting this first, but the 12 core sounds sweet.

Become a Patron!
Back