Jack Black Wants a Red Dead Redemption Movie: “Story Is Just as Good, or Even Better, than The Last of Us”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
If a Red Dead Redemption movie ever comes out, Jack Black will probably be one of the first people there. Speaking to the BBC in an interview about video game movie adaptations, Black, who voices Bowser in the now-audience-approved Super Mario Bros. Movie, stated that a Red Dead Redemption movie should be made based on its story, which he believes to be as good, or even better, than the tale that Neil Druckmann cooked up for Naughty Dog's The Last of Us and later adapted for its equally popular adaptation on HBO. Black hasn't been shy about showing off his love for gaming, having started a a gaming-oriented channel on YouTube dubbed JablinskiGames in 2018, and while it's unclear if his dream of a Red Dead Redemption film might ever come true, nobody should be surprised if Henry Cavill shows up at the audition.

See full article...

Cavill could play the leader of the gang in RDR 2. But the MC... I don't think he's a good fit. I'm more than willing to be proven wrong of course.

Most boring videogame I have ever played, with typical unlikable rockstar characters. No thanks.

Most boring videogame I have ever played, with typical unlikable rockstar characters. No thanks.
For me rockstar games are like an interactive movie more than a hard core gaming experience. I imagine if you get into the multiplayer side your papier-mâché hero dreams can be realized.

For me rockstar games are like an interactive movie more than a hard core gaming experience. I imagine if you get into the multiplayer side your papier-mâché hero dreams can be realized.
Every good game is supposed to be like an interactive movie, that's a prerequisite for me, not an option. RDR2 is just in typical rockstar fashion a completely unrelatable, unengaging one for me.

I have zero interest in multiplayer.

For me, RDR2 may end up holding the record for a game that I've restarted the most, got maybe 1-2 hours in, and put down telling myself I'll get back to it later. I love the visuals but the overly exaggerated southern drawl really gets to me after a bit. Having lived in the American Southwest for the last 30 years it's a bit much to endure in the game. For what it's worth though, the game is still on my get-back-to list but I doubt I'd ever want to watch a movie of it.

For me, RDR2 may end up holding the record for a game that I've restarted the most, got maybe 1-2 hours in, and put down telling myself I'll get back to it later. I love the visuals but the overly exaggerated southern drawl really gets to me after a bit. Having lived in the American Southwest for the last 30 years it's a bit much to endure in the game. For what it's worth though, the game is still on my get-back-to list but I doubt I'd ever want to watch a movie of it.
To me it's just one of those popular games I could never get into. I played it for a few hours trying to do the story but got bored out of my mind. Then I tried exploring, I walked through a mountain a desert, a marsh, but found nothing of interest and then was killed by a scripted ambush on the way back, that was the point where I said no thanks, this is not my game. I'd sooner try the Witcher 3 again, than RDR 2.

Become a Patron!
Back