New Rogue and Sorcerer Class Teaser Trailers Released for Diablo IV

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Blizzard has released two 40-second teaser trailers for the Rogue and Sorcerer class characters in Diablo IV ahead of its official June 6 release. Each provide brief glimpses of in game footage showcasing the abilities for both classes with the Rogue and its "strike from the shadows" tagline, and the Sorcerer's ability to control the elements. The two new Rogue and Sorcerer class trailers join the previously released cinematic trailer for the Necromancer leaving only the Druid and Barbarian classes without their own promotional videos (besides the 14-second clips on the Diablo IV website) but Blizzard is likely staging releases for these in the coming weeks. All together there will only be five playable classes for Diablo IV.

Blizzard recently confirmed that pre-orders for the Deluxe and Ultimate Editions will gain early access to the game on June 1 (U.S.) and June 2 (Europe/Asia).

For those still wondering, there has not been any recent updates regarding the claims about the beta version of the game bricking NVIDIA RTX 30 series GPUs but in reading through the forums, claims have expanded to include several different RTX 20 series cards. Hopefully Blizzard will have resolved any such issues before the game releases in June.

See full article...

I know software can be written to make hardware fail -- ask the people in Iran using centrifuges to refine Uranium. Cough*Stuxnet*cough.

With CPU/GPU's that are built to spec I find it harder to believe.

Has anyone seen a report of what specifically failed on these RTX 20/30's?

Has anyone seen a report of what specifically failed on these RTX 20/30's?
I haven't but in reading deeper into the forum post that we've been linking to I read some tin hat theories that there's a shared component that was sourced during the supply chain breakdown during COVID but also repeated reports about whatever happened had to do with the insane framerates going from/to the cut scenes. I cannot confirm any of this but I read multiple posts alleging this. There was even one person who said it happened with an AMD card but who really knows when you get enough people chiming in without enough common denominators? It's too early to say for sure what the real culprit is. but with barely 60 days to go for release, they'd better get something published soon, or else it could affect their sales if this continues at launch.

... and what are the odds that this is a coordinated purposefully negative campaign to smear Blizzard and reduce potential sales?

Just as good as any other theory floating out there.

Become a Patron!
Back