Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Takes Its Final Voyage This September

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Walt Disney World has announced that it will be shutting down Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser this fall, with a final voyage for the premium, two-night vacation experience dated for September 28-30, 2023. Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is best known by many critics for its pricey cabin rates, which include $4,809 for two guests per cabin, $5,299 for three guests per cabin, and $5,999 for four guests per cabin. Bob Chapek, then-chairman of Walt Disney Parks, announced Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser in August 2019, but it didn't launch until March 1, 2022, barely a year ago.

See full article...

Makes sense. Rather than make it more accessible just ****can the entire thing.

Yeah, this was never going to be sustainable but honestly, I wonder how anything there is. Prices for just about everything have been insane for decades, almost half a century (being that I remember how hard it was for my parents to take the family there in the 70s), and have only continued to skyrocket. I agree though it would've been nice if they'd just made these more accessible, it might've had a chance but I guess a write-off has less loss.

I wanted to do this... but not so badly as to beggar myself and my family to take a trip where we could afford room rates and little else.

and honestly... I'm glad they did it... now they just need someone to do it right.

A large part of that room rate was probably to pay a very extensive cast so you could interact with aliens and such during your trip.

The whole interactive part was pure cringe. I'd much more appreciate a hotel that is only dressed up as SW. Like the Ferrari Hotel in Maranello.

This was so generic looking you wouldn't even be able to guess it is supposed to be star wars. It could be any random scifi.

The whole interactive part was pure cringe. I'd much more appreciate a hotel that is only dressed up as SW. Like the Ferrari Hotel in Maranello.

This was so generic looking you wouldn't even be able to guess it is supposed to be star wars. It could be any random scifi.
Fair I think I heard the hotel is better.

Become a Patron!
Back