Thermaltake Announces The Tower 200 Mini Chassis with Optional LCD Screen and Room for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 GPU

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Thermaltake has announced a new Mini-ITX case called The Tower 200 Mini Chassis that is capable of fitting both an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 graphics card and a 280 mm AIO radiator despite having a smaller footprint. The new case, which is available in black and white, features a vertical body design and comes with two 140 mm PWM fans, as well as support for a 3.9-inch TFT LCD panel that, while sold separately, can be used to display system information, graphics, and more. Storage mounting options include up to 4x SSDs or 2x SSDs and 2x HDDs.

See full article...

I've looked at this thing like 3 or 4 times now and I swear it looks like they took a 3D printer chassis and repurposed it. I'm all for the smaller case and you can do a lot with a 280mm but I'd really like to see some reviews of it w/ a 4090 and something like a 5800X3D, or similar Intel, to see how the whole thing does with cooling.

I don't see anything too egregious, aside from the front glass being unable to be swapped for a vented panel to house another radiator. This frustrates the potential of a custom loop as well.

As a one-radiator system, you have to choose - but without dedicated GPU airflow, I'd almost lean more toward doing that instead. There's 200mm of clearance above the CPU, so a beefy CPU cooler would do well enough.

This assumes that you'd want to put a higher-end system in. Dial back on the GPU a bit and you'd be fine.

Last thought - once you get this big, it seems that mATX would probably not be much of a stretch. This would bring much more flexibility in terms of features but also cost (up and down), especially on the AMD side.

Become a Patron!
Back