Logitech G PRO X 2 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Headset Announced with All-New PRO-G GRAPHENE Audio Drivers

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Logitech has announced that the Logitech G PRO X 2 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Headset is available now through LogitechG.com and in the US, Canada, and select markets worldwide for a suggested retail price of $249 US and €269. Described as the ultimate esports headset and available in black or white options, the Logitech G PRO X 2 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Headset is the first headset from Logitech that features drivers made of graphene, a revolutionary new material that is said to deliver enhanced audio response, reduced distortion, and unrivaled sound. Connectivity options include LIGHTSPEED wireless, Bluetooth, and wired, while 50 hours of use on a single charge has been promised.

See full article...

I had a couple of the previous model and it was ****. The plastic bit that bridges the metal bracket that holds the ear cups to the head band is extremely weak and shatters quickly even with gentle use. The design here is a bit different, but it remains to be seen if its truly better.

For $250 you can buy much better cans and a standalone headphone amp that will sound 1000x better. I have yet to listen to a single gaming headset that sounds even remotely good.

Don't even get my started on the atrocious mic's on these gaming headsets.

I personally quit wearing headphones a long time ago but yeah, I remember plenty of crap designs back in the day. What really sucked is when I liked the drivers but something like a cheap bracket breaking rendered them useless.

For work, I took a chance on some mid-tier Poly wireless headsets for the staff and they've been pretty good. My only real complaint is that the app will not update the firmware/drivers automatically and after they get far enough behind on them they'll stop working. It's been a small headache since I can't get all our users to pay attention to the notifications and just click yes to allow it to do its thing. I've no idea if gaming headsets have similar issues though.

For $250 you can buy much better cans and a standalone headphone amp that will sound 1000x better. I have yet to listen to a single gaming headset that sounds even remotely good.

Don't even get my started on the atrocious mic's on these gaming headsets.
Wireless headsets and mics are generally good enough for gaming and they are a convenient package. Good standalone headphones as far as I know are all wired which isn't great.

Wireless headsets and mics are generally good enough for gaming and they are a convenient package. Good standalone headphones as far as I know are all wired which isn't great.
you're sitting at a desk, what, exactly, is wrong with wired headphones?

My cat likes to jump up on me and either pulls on the cables or tries to play with them. I'll also sometimes end up trying to get up / move too far, whatever and pull on the cables. I know that's an issue I have specifically but I can't seem to stop doing it.

Lastly, I often use my headset for work/zoom/teams meetings and I like to walk around on longer calls. Or get up and go into other rooms while the call is going on. I also talk to friends in Discord regularly and like to be able to listen to conversations even when I have to walk away from the computer. In short, cables are inconvenient.

I know for me that I really got tired of the wire, or more accurately where it meets the plug or the drivers, wearing out and shorting. I lost track of how many of those I had that happen to and soldering them was an equal pain.

Lastly, I often use my headset for work/zoom/teams meetings and I like to walk around
I have to laugh because shortly after we got these Voyager 2's I saw staff walking around the building, sometimes even outside, while in calls. Their range is pretty impressive, even in an environment with a dozen or so close by.

Become a Patron!
Back