Aliens: Dark Descent Launches for Console and PC: “Best Aliens Game Ever Made”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Tindalos Interactive and Focus Entertainment have announced that Aliens: Dark Descent is now available globally on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC at a starting MSRP of $34.99. This is a strategic, real-time, squad-based tactical action game set in the iconic Alien universe, and while James Cameron had no involvement in it, some early players are already calling it the best Aliens game ever made, a sentiment that has been echoed by a few reviewers, including one who claims it "absolutely nails the feel of the films." That said, critics have already found at least a handful of shortcomings with it, including the lack of true ultrawide support, co-op play, and Pulse Rifles that don't sound like Pulse Rifles.

See full article...

I'm still in favor for Alien 3 on the Snes as beeing the best.

I never did LAN parties back in the day, I was kind of out of pocket for tech during that time and taking a break but when I got back into it around 2005-2006 I backtracked to AvP2 and played the heck out of it for the next decade. That game was truly awesome. I also got the expansion pack for it, don't remember what it's called and learned the cmd/cfg tricks for updating to 1080p at the time. Fairly positive I've still the box sitting around somewhere.

My wife still has an Atari Jaguar with the first version which looks pretty cool for its time period. It was the only game she ever bought for it.

Given that it's not a first person shooter I'm going to go ahead and disagree with the idea that this could be the best Aliens franchise game ever made on that basis alone.

I remember playing Aliens Versus Predator 2 at LAN parties back in the day. Not saying it was the best, but we all had a lot of fun with that game.
AvP2 was a staple game of my LANParty crew for many years. We had a friend who absolutely excelled as the Predator, and we had a lot of fun trying to survive his preying on us as a group of Marines. I tended to do best as a Xenomorph though. We had a lot of mixups, Marines vs Predator, Marines vs Aliens, Marines vs Predator(s) vs Aliens, and of course Aliens vs Predator(s). The game provided countless hours of multiplayer LAN fun. We also enjoyed AvP 2010 the few times we played it, but it was nothing compared to AvP2.

...backtracked to AvP2 and played the heck out of it for the next decade. That game was truly awesome.
Indeeeeeed.

My wife still has an Atari Jaguar with the first version which looks pretty cool for its time period. It was the only game she ever bought for it.
Back when I was still in high school, or maybe it was early college, my dad came across some kind of mail-order dealy where a brand-new Atari Jaguar and 50 sealed-new games were included all for the cost of $60, so he bought it for me and my bro. We lost the system and most of the games, as the Jaguar was not something we gave a sh1t about. It's probably still somewhere in my parents' house. However I do still have my boxed copy of AvP1 that came with that big-@ss bundle of games. That was actually the first platform I played AvP1 on.

Given that it's not a first person shooter I'm going to go ahead and disagree with the idea that this could be the best Aliens franchise game ever made on that basis alone.
I'd not outright dismiss a game on that account alone, but after seeing gameplay and reviews, it is definitely not the best, not even a particularly good game. Just an OK one with annoying peculiarities.

Become a Patron!
Back