R.I.P. Intel Arc A770 Limited Edition: Graphics Card Was 8 Months Old

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel has published a new Product Change Notification (PCN) that can confirm its limited-edition Arc A770 graphics card has officially been discontinued, with June 20, 2023, having been listed as the product's last discontinuance order/shipment date.

See full article...

They are just discontinuing the first party card - they are still making silicon for third party AIB cards
What third-party AIB cards? I have not seen any in the US. I've seen articles that say Acer, Asrock, etc, but I've not seen any of those in the wild.

Well, hopefully with the amount of good press it got as driver updates improved its gaming performance the next round will be more readily available. The launch for this gen was pretty rough but it was their first attempt and could've still been worse.

Let us all gather in spirit for a moment of silence to mourn the loss of the Intel® Arc™ A770 Limited Edition graphics card, known by some as product code 21P01J00BA. May you rest in peace. 🪦

Perhaps next time they'd consider going with "Signature Edition" or some other name that's less limited. I believe Founders Edition is taken.

The Intel brand appeals to me because I don't trust any of the AIBs. I'd pay extra within reason just to avoid them. I don't see what value they could add at this price point. What type of bearing did Intel use for the fans? AIBs used to cheapen out on fan bearings for the less expensive cards, resulting in fans that didn't last the lifetime of the card. They were also a pain to replace.

Hummm what about the FAB edition? It's from the Intel FAB and it's FABULOUS!! ;)

Become a Patron!
Back