12th Gen Intel Core CPUs Now Dominate PassMark’s Single-Thread Performance Chart, AMD Knocked to 26th Place

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-12th-gen-core-processor-top-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

Intel’s Alder Lake platform has become one of the clear choices for users who are concerned with maximizing their systems’ single-thread performance, according to the latest rankings from PassMark, whose top positions are now dominated by 12th Gen Intel Core desktop processors.

Intel’s flagship Core i9-12900KF and Core i9-12900K processors have taken the leads with single-thread performance scores of 4,246 and 4,207, respectively, and they’re trailed by not one, not two, but nine of their Alder Lake siblings, including the Core i7-12700, which edges out Apple’s M1 Pro chip with a 3,867 score. The top eleven slots in PassMark’s rankings for single-thread performance are now owned by Intel processors.

Contrastingly, AMD’s Ryzen 5000 Series processors have fallen pretty dramatically in the single-thread performance chart following Alder Lake’s...

Continue reading...

AMD needs to pick up the pace with their releases. Been two years since they dropped a CPU and the one that's coming is just a refreshed 5800X.

I swear they're like:

AMD: We're happen to announce the release of our new CPU line up!
Us: When can we buy it?
AMD: Q4 2029

AMD needs to pick up the pace with their releases. Been two years since they dropped a CPU and the one that's coming is just a refreshed 5800X.

I swear they're like:

That's what you get if you don't have your own foundries.

I swear they're like:

It works for Blizzard

Become a Patron!
Back