Blade Runner 2033: Labyrinth Takes Place after the Events of the Black Out and Is Being Developed by Annapurna Interactive for PC and Consoles

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Blade Runner 2033: Labyrinth is a new game in development by Annapurna Interactive (Stray) set before the events of Blade Runner 2049. The developer/publisher is following up on its 2022 cyber-adventure hit with a new original story set in the Blade Runner universe. Blade Runner 2033: Labyrinth marks Annapurna Interactive's first internally developed game as Stray had been developed by Blue Twelve Studio. This time around players go back to Los Angeles after the events of the Black Out and are tasked with what to do when there are no replicants left.

See full article...

Seems like yet another review on society like Stray was but without the cat as the focus, more engaging.

While I like the blade runner setting... and strongly suspect a part of he story will be YOU the player are actually a replicant... it just doesn't strike me as something new... YET. Stray was a great take on a setting and a interesting playable twist. Perhaps this will be yet another interesting twist... but why take an existing IP to drive it forward? That's the part I don't get. You could have a whole new world (or several OTHER great SCI FI IP's that haven't made a good jump to movie/tv/video games. Nobody has done a good snowcrash (hint it's a cyberpunk (not 2077) world novel not a train story.) setting game. And it's all laid out and RIPE to be done right.

Become a Patron!
Back