NVIDIA AIB Partners Are Reportedly Not Thrilled with the Pricepoint of the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16 GB and Are Producing Fewer Variants Because of It

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
It's only been a couple of days since news broke that the 16 GB version of the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti could be released soon and it seems there is already some controversy regarding its existence. According to HardwareLuxx's Andreas Schilling NVIDIA AIB partners are not motivated to produce many variants due to its price point. The forthcoming version said to arrive on July 18, will have its VRAM upgraded, and nothing else, to 16 GB from the previous 8 GB model and will be priced at $499 (per VideoCardz). This is a $100 price increase over the 8 GB memory version but similarly at $100 less than the GeForce RTX 4070 which features 12 GB and is roughly thirty percent faster.

See full article...

According to HardwareLuxx's Andreas Schilling NVIDIA AIB partners are not motivated to produce many variants due to its price point.
This I absolutely cannot believe, as most AIBs put out so many different SKUs at different price points that it’s mind boggling.

AIBs are not motivated because either the margin for them sucks or the terms are crappy…

I mean if this isn't already commonly known among DIYers like ourselves... I'm shocked. It's been this way for as long as I can recall, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's why EVGA did what they did.

All it takes is one partner, perhaps two to make intel a serious permanent player in dgpus. Threatening aib with limited access no less is shockingly dumb.
AMD better get their crap together and offer real serious value very soon. The times of avoiding a ' price war' are over. AMD and Nvidia played ( not saying they communicated, but they don't need to) the market and kept prices too high. This already made a huge hole for a 3rd player ( in this case Intel) . Well I guess Intel thanks you for working so hard in avoiding the price war, AMD never going for market share and so on. I still have doubts Intel will stay in, but maybe they will, as their cpu business has all kinds of competition, and they been beat ( performance.wise ) by AMD for years now, perhaps they want to return the favor.

Become a Patron!
Back