Horizon Developer Guerrilla Games Says It Has 16 Plans in the Pipeline, “We’re Going to Be Continuing It for a Very Long While”

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Horizon developer Guerrilla Games is looking to expand the franchise for a long time to come with plans for many more projects in the works. Yesterday Studio Director Jan-Bart van Beek shared during a keynote at Develop Brighton's event that there at no less than 16 plans in the pipeline for the franchise. He added that "We're going to be continuing it for a very long while."

For some time there have been numerous tidbits, including online leaks, about a multiplayer game happening and van Beek said (per GamesRadar+), "As people probably already know, we're also going to be working on a multiplayer game," adding that this new direction for the studio and franchise would be "a massive shift for the studio, almost on the same level as doing the first Horizon."

See full article...

Sounds to me that the studio needs to carve off a portion of it's incoming revenue gather the devs that WANT to do MMO work and start them on that path while still making stand alone titles.. Have your writers be involved in both so the story elements can stay in continuity. then when the mechanics of the Multiplayer version are largely worked out only then start on aligning the story elements.

Too often I see studio's trying to make a game fit a narrative before they have a system. It kind of needs to be the other way around. I mean you already know it's going to be about cool and unique ways to hunt giant robot dino's as a group. And how those methods would work against other groups (because people will want PVP) and how to ride all of the Dino's.

Become a Patron!
Back