ASUS Has Signed On with Intel to Take Over Production of NUC System Product Line Moving Forward

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The NUC system product line lives on as ASUS has signed on with Intel to take over the production of the powerful mini-PCs. News of the deal arrives following the announcement from Intel last week that it would no longer be investing in the small-form-factor PC NUC products. This will be a slightly new direction for ASUS but as it already manufactures products for nearly every sector of the global PC market it will no doubt have the resources needed to carry the NUC product line forward. The agreement is non-exclusive meaning that Intel could be looking into similar deals with its other partners to share in carrying on the NUC product line as well.

See full article...

Good news is it isn't dead.

Bad news is they will all now have the Asus markup.

Too true. I thought about that as well but at least it's not an exclusive license and maybe they can still make then an attractive price point. I still have to give them on jab though, keep an eye on those voltages. ;)

Good news is it isn't dead.

couldn't agree more.
Not that intel nucs were "cheap" to begin with.

We have like 6 NUCs at the office, different models from 2 years and up. Only 1 died, but replaced under warranty.

That kills almost every reason I would've considered buying a NUC in the first place.
Only 1 died, but replaced under warranty.
You highlight something that potential customers of an Asus NUC ought to consider if they value their sanity.

Become a Patron!
Back