AMD Debuts its Ryzen 9 7945HX3D in the ASUS ROG Strix SCAR 17 X3D, Its First Mobile X3D Offering, and the World’s Fastest Mobile Processor

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
A new king of mobile processors has arrived as AMD debuts its Ryzen 9 7945HX3D, its first mobile processor featuring 3-D cache technology. AMD has not pulled back on its punches with the Ryzen 9 7945HX3D which is a 16-core / 32-threaded Zen 4 CPU featuring a total 144 MB cache (L1- 1 MB / L2 - 16 MB / L3 - 128 MB) and a max boost clock of 5.4 GHz and a base clock of 2.3 GHz. The TDP is a reasonable 55W, up to a configurable 75W, and it is built using TSMC 5nm FinFET technology. ASUS used the new processor in its flagship ROG Strix SCAR 17 X3D which includes many features that could make a desktop owner turn and look twice.

See full article...

Four grand is a lot for a laptop but this thing has so much going for it that I'm sorely tempted.

Yea that's my issue. I want a laptop that can comfortably game at 1440p. For the next 5 years or so. At least 4. That only leaves me Dell XPS line offering 4 year support/warranty. Still just over 4k but hopefully my enterprise rep can find me a better deal.

I'd bet this could get the job done for at least five years, in terms of performance, but yeah, that price. Unfortunately, that's pretty much the standard for things like this and they only go up from there. Still, a man can dream.

If you hunt for it you can find builds like these:

https://www.microcenter.com/product...laptop-computer-platinum-collection-onyx-grey

Of course the 2 year protection plan adds 500 bucks!
Specwise-wow! Very impressive for the price. My only complaint is the screen size. After owning a 15.6" now I've come to realize anything under 17.3 is too small for me to enjoy for gaming. I can enjoy it for web browsing and even doing work but for the games I like to play, there's too much detail lost unless I'm right on top of it.

Yeah, I tend to forget about looking at MC because we don't have one nearby and I still have all those memories from during COVID when they didn't ship much of anything but I see, at least for things like these, that has changed. I'll have to spend more time checking them out but this is an itch I'll need to hold off on scratching for a bit as I do have a number of things needing more attention these days.

Become a Patron!
Back