Warner Bros. Discovery Loses 1.8 Million Subscribers Following HBO Max Rebrand

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Should Warner Bros. Discovery have kept the HBO Max name? The answer to that appears to lean toward "yes," as the entertainment giant has revealed during an earnings call that its streaming service lost 1.8 million subscribers following its rebrand to Max earlier this year. As spotted by The Verge, the company now has 95.8 million global subscribers across all of its services, down from 97.6 million at the end of the first quarter of this year. Max, which counts The Last of Us and other hit shows within its catalog, is available starting at $9.99/month.

See full article...

I'm not terribly surprised. This is like the 3rd rebranding over the past few years. It's confusing for people that want the content and if they don't realize they are missing it why would they bother to keep it? Self inflicted wound here.

I feel like we could probably hold our breath for as long as it'll take for another rebrand. Warner is really horrible with this and has been for quite a while. I've lost track of all the different names, and variations, that the HBO streaming services have had and that was before the whole Discovery/Max thing.

Become a Patron!
Back