Grand Theft Auto VI Is Believed to Release in March 2025 after Its Publisher Shares Expectations of Setting a New Record in Its Next Fiscal Year

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Grand Theft Auto VI is expected to arrive in 2025, based on statements made by a Take-Two executive during its latest earnings call. The long-awaited next installment will have a lot of expectations hanging on it following the unprecedented success of Grand Theft Auto V which was released ten years ago.

The publisher has managed to hold onto its revenue predictions, even at the higher end of them, so far for its Q1 FY24 with net bookings coming in at $1.2 billion. It expects those net bookings to top at around $5.55 billion by the end of this fiscal year. According to VGC the timing of the above statement, and similar ones that have previously been said, only add fuel to the belief that Grand Theft Auto VI will release in March 2025.

See full article...

They're never going to release it as long as V is still selling extremely well. They hit a gold mine with allowing FiveM to operate.

They're never going to release it as long as V is still selling extremely well. They hit a gold mine with allowing FiveM to operate.
Stakeholder capitalism was always about growth. While GTA5 might still make a lot of money it is diminishing returns.

Launching a new one does not remove the old one. Launch the new one. Don't have multiplayer say that's still in development. Then after a year or once the Multiplayer starts to die off on the previous version only THEN launch the multiplayer expansion for another 20 bucks. People WILL bitch but for 20 bucks they will buy it and play. ESPECIALLY if you get some of the machinima folks involved.

Launching a new one does not remove the old one. Launch the new one. Don't have multiplayer say that's still in development. Then after a year or once the Multiplayer starts to die off on the previous version only THEN launch the multiplayer expansion for another 20 bucks. People WILL bitch but for 20 bucks they will buy it and play. ESPECIALLY if you get some of the machinima folks involved.
I have zero doubt there's such a strategy in place. I cannot believe that they haven't paid attention to how everything played out since the last launch. If they screw this up it will be one of the biggest monumental screw-ups since CB2077 and even worse since they've already got a history/framework in place for an established model.

Become a Patron!
Back