Corsair Launches K70 MAX Magnetic-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and HS80 MAX Wireless Gaming Headset

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Corsair has announced that the K70 MAX and HS80 MAX are now available for purchase from its webstore and worldwide network of authorized online retailers and distributors. The K70 MAX ($229.99) is the first gaming keyboard from Corsair to feature adjustable MGX, the company's new magnetic-mechanical switches, while the HS80 MAX ($179.99) is a Bluetooth/2.4GHz wireless gaming headset that supports Dolby Atmos spatial audio. Both are backed by two-year warranties.

See full article...

Too rich for me but I do admit that K70 looks nice. The adjustable key feature seems pretty cool.

While it's neat... and effectively magnaride for your keyboard.. being able to configure the magnetic resistance and actuation points of every key indvidually... is something I'm too lazy to do at **** near 50 years old.

Though I do see the benefit of two actuation points on some keys. I still question the use case for a keyboard to be THAT configurable.

I guess if you're into competitive online gaming.... maybe.

While it's neat... and effectively magnaride for your keyboard.. being able to configure the magnetic resistance and actuation points of every key indvidually... is something I'm too lazy to do at **** near 50 years old.
I'm just a bit over that mark and feel the same. I was thinking that perhaps the future of keyboards will involve some kind of configurable technology instead of manual. I'm sure the expense would be huge but it would be palpable than doing it manually. I can easily envision pros and cons but it would be interesting.

You're not the first I've heard say that.
To be fair I'm a lucky one I guess. Yea I went through some initial trials and tribulations but it's been solid for me for a long while.

Armoury crate on the other hand....

I agree there. I've been so fed up with that crappy software that I've somewhat regretted going all Asus this time around.
The really crappy thing is armoury crate doesn't even keep up with their own boos updates let alone driver updates.

I've been using MSI Center + AB for about a year now with all my rigs and have been pretty happy. AB for OCing and its overlay and Center for the rest. My only complaint is that it updates about 1x month and it can/will reset my lighting configs. Other than that it has been doing what I need. Like crate, it's still a bundle of apps (you pick which you want) but to me, it feels more like one than when I last tried crate (about 2 years ago). Just a heads up that after an update or install it can take a bit of time (about a minute or so) to initialize but after that, it's good to go.

As far as Afterburner goes, like most of us, been using that for the better part of forever but have tinkered with Asus and EVGA's offerings but always ended up going back to it. Although EVGA's extra 1%(lol) was always fun to see with its GPUs but Precision's overlay doesn't play nice with a number of things nor does it provide as many metrics as I prefer. If it wasn't for that I'd probably use it exclusively since it can also do a majority of what I use Center+AB for.

Become a Patron!
Back