Intel Arc Graphics Q3’23 Update

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
The entire press presentation is posted at the bottom of the page. Performance Updates Today, the Intel Arc Graphics team has brought a Q3 2023 update, providing a new testing tool, a new GPU metric, and continuing improvement to DX11 performance. Intel emphasizes the attractive pricing of the Intel Arc A750 at $249, offering a great starting price for balanced builds paired with a 12th or 13th Gen Intel Core i5 or Core i7 CPUs. From launch, to now, Intel claims a 43% improvement in DirectX 9 games and continuing performance improvement for DirectX 11-based games. Intel’s chart shows gains […]

See full article...

Mine too.

Can't wait for the next launch and I really hope it goes more smoothly for them. Sure I love my AMD/NV rigs with a passion but if I had the time and money to slap together a budget all-Intel build with one of these for 1080p/1440p gaming I would in a heartbeat.

If Intel keeps up this level of support, and energy, AMD will be 3rd within 2 years, even if Intel doesn't beat them in performance. AMD has not been aggressive enough, and as a consequence remained a distant 2nd.
I get it, they manages to get out of near bankruptcy, no small feat, but they have wasted at least 2 years of having enough dough or access to cheap dough to risk being way more aggressive, and they did nothing.

Have to admit Intel has exceeded my expectations with Arc.

I have been impressed with Intel's enthusiasm and focus on its technologies, for example offering a machine learning XeSS as well as a cross-platform upscaling through DP4a, this is something I wish AMD had done. Intel's XeSS has proven to be competitive, and reported by many looks better than FSR. I think the Intel Arc Graphics team has done a fantastic job, they remind me of the passion we used to see from NVIDIA and AMD back in the day, now we just need the hardware, bring on Battlemage, it can't come out fast enough. BTW, Intel's Arc Graphics YT channel is an awesome resource to learn about their technologies: https://www.youtube.com/@IntelGraphics/featured

I'm glad they continue to work on that DX11 performance, cuz they really needed to.

Have to admit Intel has exceeded my expectations with Arc.
Mine too.
Same here. Honestly I really wasn't expecting much, but dang, they've ended up kinda impressing me. I really do hope they become a 3rd major player in the market. Although looking back, I never wanted AMD and Intel to get into the GPU game to begin with. I remember complaining a lot when AMD bought ATi.

I get it, they manages to get out of near bankruptcy, no small feat, but they have wasted at least 2 years of having enough dough or access to cheap dough to risk being way more aggressive, and they did nothing.
I'm still just so dang happy that their CPU business recovered thanks to Ryzen that I've kinda been letting them slide on the GPU front. We do need some good competition in the GPU space though.

...reported by many looks better than FSR.
I usually test it out when available just for kicks, and at first it didn't look better than FSR2, but eventually I started noticing that yeah, it does look a decent amount better these days.

Become a Patron!
Back