Baldur’s Gate 3 Has Managed to Sell Over 5.3 Million Units on Steam in Just Two Weeks

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The folks at Larian Studios have reason to celebrate as Baldur's Gate 3 has managed to sell over 5.3 units in a short span of time. The notable achievement was revealed in an unusual roundabout by way of the Belgian Embassy which congratulated Larian Studios via the Chinese social media platform Weibo. In its post, the Embassy provided a brief history of Larian Studios, which was founded in Ghent in 1996, along with some background on how Baldur's Gate and its roots in tabletop games like Dungeons and Dragons.

See full article...

I know a lot of people playing this game, and they're all loving it. Some of them have played past Larian games and were already fans. I plan to get around to their games one day, just haven't felt like it yet. Honestly kinda scared to jump in, as big, deep, and long as those games are. Props to Larian on another success.

Just something to observe. This game is VERY flexible. If you don't want to do the titular CRPG thing of exploring and looking and clicking on EVERYTHING you don't have to... you'll not have specific companions and such when you do that and the game just feels... massive. I've restarted the game 4 times now and never felt like it was the same ole same ole.

1 observation I will make. If you don't have speak with animals going... or the ability to have it going. You are MISSING A LOT OF voice acted content. I would even say a SHOCKING amount. This game go's DEEP and it does not disappoint.

Who the **** expected COW's to tell you about treasure because they were complaining? Or a conversation with a random creature to be fully and very well voice acted. Hell even the squirrels you see in the game will have something to say.

And ALL of it (thus far for me) is voice acted. WHO THE FREAK DOES THAT?! I dare say they could have charged 100 bucks for this game and it would feel like it was worth it. This is the the first time in a LONG time I've felt like the game delivered far more than the dollar value it paid for it. And THAT is what other developers should be afraid of.

I've never gotten around to playing any of this series but I might check this out around winter time after I finish RE4.

My sixth sense is telling me this is a game I'd absolutely hate. Not going to touch it until it drops in price to an amount I'm comfortable throwing out.

If you're not into the tactical combat and resource management aspect... yea avoid it watch someone else play it online or something.

My sixth sense is telling me this is a game I'd absolutely hate. Not going to touch it until it drops in price to an amount I'm comfortable throwing out.
The game came out on GOG, which means it has no DRM, which means it will be easy as f*ck to get a "community demo". Then you can try it out for yourself at no cost, and see if your 6th sense was right. I will probably end up trying the game using a friend's copy through Steam library sharing/family sharing/whatever the f*ck it's called, since I have access to that. I won't be messing around with it any time soon though. Plenty of games on my plate already.

If you're not into the tactical combat and resource management aspect...
Tactical combat can be extremely fun, or a giant pita depending on how it is implemented. I fear this game is the latter.
The game came out on GOG, which means it has no DRM, which means it will be easy as f*ck to get a "community demo". Then you can try it out for yourself at no cost, and see if your 6th sense was right. I will probably end up trying the game using a friend's copy through Steam library sharing/family sharing/whatever the f*ck it's called, since I have access to that. I won't be messing around with it any time soon though. Plenty of games on my plate already.
I was banned years ago from "community demo" sites ironically for not downloading anything :D

Become a Patron!
Back