Half-Life 2 RTX with Full Ray Tracing Announced

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Half-Life 3 is still nowhere to be found, but NVIDIA may have the next best thing with Half-Life 2 RTX, a new RTX Remix Project that was announced today. In development by four of Half-Life 2's top mod teams, this is an updated version of one of Valve's best games that features full ray tracing and other modern updates. NVIDIA also confirmed that Portal with RTX is getting NVIDIA DLSS 3.5 later this fall.

See full article...

If they did a refresh of the engine and textures with RTX updates I'd be tempted too.

I might check this out as I've never played any of them. I'm well aware of their reputation though and they totally seem like the kind of games I'm into.

I played through them a couple years ago and they held up well. You can tell the textures need a big update and the engine to handle them too.

I was also f*cking around with ray-traced HL1, but it's rreeaallllyy haaaaard to go back to that game after you've played Black Mesa.

I might check this out as I've never played any of them. I'm well aware of their reputation though and they totally seem like the kind of games I'm into.
Definitely play them man, they are some good-@ss games. HL2 and its two episodes, and Black Mesa as a replacement for HL1.

I played through them a couple years ago and they held up well.
Indeed they have.

Become a Patron!
Back