Corsair Announces Platform:6 Modular Computer Desk with Modular Rail System

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Corsair has announced that the Platform:6 will be available from the Corsair webstore and its worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors in Q4 2023. The Platform:6 is a modular, expandable, and feature-rich computer desk that counts adjustable height, plentiful cable management, and a modular rail with compatibility with hundreds of aftermarket attachments and accessories among its features.

See full article...

If it were that top option I'd be interested maybe the fact you have to buy every little addon... meh..

I'm not going to lie, I kind of like it but the price will be the deciding factor. I really don't need it, right now, but I've never been completely satisfied with the hybrid setups I've done in the cave. If I could stably mount the CRG9 on it that could be a deciding factor as I am planning some kind of change in the new year, but again, it all comes down to the cost(s).

I'm waiting on a deep corner (L shaped) desk with these features. As a PC gamer and IT worker I have 3 monitors across 2 systems in my home office and having something to meet that need would be nice. Haven't seen one yet. Probably will be crazy expensive when I finally do.

I'm waiting on a deep corner (L shaped) desk with these features. As a PC gamer and IT worker I have 3 monitors across 2 systems in my home office and having something to meet that need would be nice. Haven't seen one yet. Probably will be crazy expensive when I finally do.
That's really what I need. For me it wouldn't be 3 displays exactly but the CRG9 which is basically two for desk gaming/work and then the Sony 65" Z9D for home theater/gaming.

Yep, pretty and expensive. I like how this Corsaird Platform incorporates some workbench concepts though as I my goal it get rid of the old tower-stereo cabinet I have in the cave that houses my printer with the rig (HAF X) on top along with a speaker and plethora of IT tools/misc stuff. So unfortunately even a basic L-shape wouldn't work. The sad thing is that if I do commit $1K or more is probably going to be the only way. It's a low priority but still a nice dream.

A few years ago, after some discussion about 10k desks, I went to the local hardwood furniture store.

I bought a nice desk set. Covers 3 of 4 walls in my room with plenty of cabinets, drawers, and stuff. It isn't a standing desk, but it's hardwood, no particle board anywhere, and easily survived a move no problem.

Now, it doesn't have any built-in computer stuff other than keyboard trays, but the next computer I build I want to put into a hardwood box and stain it to match and mount it underneath or over top one of the desks and make it all blend in. The nice part about wood - it's fairly easy to work with.

It didn't cost me 10k, but today it might due to inflation and such.

Become a Patron!
Back