TEAMGROUP Adds T-FORCE DARK AirFlow SSD Cooler and T-FORCE RT-X120 ARGB Fan to Its Cooling Lineup

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
PC owners have new options for upgrading their system's cooling solutions as TEAMGROUP adds two new products to its cooling lineup. TEAMGROUP announced its T-FORCE Dark AirFlow SSD cooler at Computex 2023, where our own David Schroth attended and saw it and many other new products from the manufacturer. The SSD cooler features 2x 5mm copper heat pipes in an aluminum heatsink with a high-pressure PWM fan. A patented graphene thermal conductive film is used for optimal heat transfer from the SSD to the cooler.

TEAMGROUP is also launching its T-FORCE RT-X120 ARGB fan, available in black or white, featuring a ring-shaped blade design, supports PWM and software RGB control, uses an oil-sealed bearing, and is rated for up to 50,000 hours of operation.

See full article...

Man... Ok here is what I don't get... at least for SSD's I'm sure we will hit a point where you NEED aftermarket cooling for top end SSD's. But, with makers like Samsung and Corsair offering SSD's WITH heatsinks why buy external ones from a third party? I guess so you can buy cheaper SSD's and hopefully cool them to run like top end SSD's? (Ok I should say NVME's.)

I think that's the idea. It seems like the Gen5 market is still sort of figuring itself out and these kinds of things may not even fully mature until Gen6 starts happening. I plan to hold on to my current rigs for a while so I can wait and see where it all goes. Obviously, I'm all in with the 5800X3D so in no rush but it's interesting to see how it's all developing.

Man... Ok here is what I don't get... at least for SSD's I'm sure we will hit a point where you NEED aftermarket cooling for top end SSD's. But, with makers like Samsung and Corsair offering SSD's WITH heatsinks why buy external ones from a third party? I guess so you can buy cheaper SSD's and hopefully cool them to run like top end SSD's? (Ok I should say NVME's.)
I'd have to toss the motherboard SSD heatsinks to use one of those; not every board is like that, but plenty in the enthusiast category are.

Otherwise I'm betting that cooling needs will drop per PCIe gen over time. Controllers should get more efficient, right?

But, with makers like Samsung and Corsair offering SSD's WITH heatsinks why buy external ones from a third party?
As far as I know, none of the heatsinks that come with SSDs provide active cooling. So that might be one reason why someone would choose a 3rd-party heatsink.

So are we at the point where we actually need active cooling for NVMe SSDs?

As far as I know, none of the heatsinks that come with SSDs provide active cooling. So that might be one reason why someone would choose a 3rd-party heatsink.

So are we at the point where we actually need active cooling for NVMe SSDs?
Evidently using a high-speed Gen5 could need it. I'm not sure what the cut-off MHz speed for that is though.

Become a Patron!
Back