NVIDIA Achieves Record Revenue of $13.51 Billion Thanks to AI GPU Sales

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA has announced its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2024, revealing a new record revenue of $13.51 billion. This is 88% higher than what NVIDIA achieved in Q1, and up 101% from a year ago, with data center revenue alone being $10.32 billion, up 141% from the previous quarter and up 171% from a year ago. Much of this success can be attributed to NVIDIA's hotly selling and very profitable AI GPUs, according to remarks from founder and CEO Jensen Huang. (Second-quarter revenue for the Gaming segment was $2.49 billion, up 11% from the previous quarter and up 22% from a year ago.)

See full article...

and here is where investors come in and ask Nvidia to step out of the consumer market and focus on AI.

We'll see. There are a lot of other factors at play and these numbers are aligning with those from multiple analysts and are forecast to get even bigger (really bigger) in the next few years but after that things on the AI front are expected to level off a bit and that could affect their focus on the consumer market.

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2023/0...ould-increase-tenfold-by-2027-to-300-billion/

If Intel continues to improve that's another thing to consider for the low-mid range segments and AMD has consistently been doing well there also for some time. I'd say this is where there's some unknown regarding NVIDIA but nobody can touch them in the top tier and despite its price, the 4090 seems to have done well.

I think Nvidia will explore another market once AI level's off to maintain growth... CPU's.

and here is where investors come in and ask Nvidia to step out of the consumer market and focus on AI.
It would be the spin-off, like when Alphabet formed to spin off / separate Google and the other various enterprises there.

I think Nvidia will explore another market once AI level's off to maintain growth... CPU's.
Maybe. They failed in their attempt to get ARM. They are still going to be a major investor, but I think they have realized they don't need the CPU to make money. If it's any indication, their efforts at doing APUs/SOCs has more or less petered out.

The CPU is just a traffic cop any more, the heavy lifting is all done by more specialized processors, and that's the niche nVidia has found and hammered home hard.

I'll give nvidia credit by having many programmable processors on a card, they have really shown that the flexibility is in demand. Especially as other processes take advantage of it.

I wonder if they can do quantum computing on a card? That would be kind of cool.

Become a Patron!
Back