Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Is Now Rumored to Arrive in Summer 2024 at the Earliest and Might Not Even Make It until Early 2025

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The release of Dragon Age: Dreadwolf is now rumored to be pushed back even further following the recent layoffs at BioWare. Noted writer Jeff Grubb has speculated via his Giant Bomb (Games Mess Mornings) podcast that the title could be a casualty of ongoing duress in BioWare. He has been following the development of the next installment for some time and, so far, has been fairly accurate in his predictions for its release timeline via his ties to the industry.

See full article...

Casualty? What does that even mean? With outsourcing Old Republic and reassigning people from Mass Effect 4 (supposedly) over to Dragon Age, this is the only project they are working on full steam. If anything it should help them refocus their efforts.

These games "journalists" say a ton of unfounded stuff for clout, so at least I'd take this with a grain of salt.

These games "journalists" say a ton of unfounded stuff for clout, so at least I'd take this with a grain of salt.
I'd normally agree with you on that but this guy has been on track for this game since day one and even posted accurate info before BioWare even acknowledged it. That rabbit hole is deep with ours and others links.

I'd add also that the latest 50 firings are only the tip of the iceberg. I listed in the story how people have been falling off of this game and BioWare since 2021. No matter how BIoWare paints it, there's a trainwreck in progress with no end in sight.

I'd add also that the latest 50 firings are only the tip of the iceberg. I listed in the story how people have been falling off of this game and BioWare since 2021. No matter how BIoWare paints it, there's a trainwreck in progress with no end in sight.
I'm not doubting that bioware has problems. I just find it unfounded to name Dragon Age as the casualty. If anything the casualty is the next Mass Effect, since that is the project they are taking resources from to put them on Dragon Age.

Have they done anything since Anthem? That right there may have sunk the ship.

I liked the gameplay in that game, but it was everything around that which rather sucked.

I liked the gameplay in that game, but it was everything around that which rather sucked.
I'm still shocked that those servers are up and people continue to play that game.

If they release Dragon Age and it's not comparable to Baldur's Gate 3 they are hosed. Simple as that. They don't need to have the SAME depth and swath of content available but if you're making a Fantasy CRPG and launching this year or early next... You WILL be compared to Baldur's Gate 3. Period. Of I had a game pushing for release from my publisher in that field today I would totally push back and show a couple things.

1. There IS a market.
2. PEOPLE love complete good games.
3. Give us the funding to do it right and the gamer's WILL be there!

I'm still shocked that those servers are up and people continue to play that game.

If they release Dragon Age and it's not comparable to Baldur's Gate 3 they are hosed. Simple as that. They don't need to have the SAME depth and swath of content available but if you're making a Fantasy CRPG and launching this year or early next... You WILL be compared to Baldur's Gate 3. Period. Of I had a game pushing for release from my publisher in that field today I would totally push back and show a couple things.
Baldurs Gate 3 is a turn based RPG, Dragon Age is an ARPG It should not be like Baldur's Gate at all.

Have they done anything since Anthem? That right there may have sunk the ship.

I liked the gameplay too, the alpha was especially promising. If it was a single player campaign focused game it might have been great.

1. There IS a market.
2. PEOPLE love complete good games.
3. Give us the funding to do it right and the gamer's WILL be there!
How ironic is it that Bioware is under pressure from Larian's sequel to a (real) Bioware game?

Then again, we all know what happens to developers bought by EA. I think EA trying to turn Bioware into Bungie was the first shovel full of dirt on the grave.

Edit: I'd also say Mass Effect 3's lameass RGB ending was the first nail in the coffin.

Last edited:
More agile in business talk means removing the "fossils" who might have ideas instead of just doing what they are told.
A small tiny part of me was worried about this response when you started... but felt much better by the time you were done.

Too many 'leaders' want people that unquestioningly follow their orders to get things done, THEN blame them when they follow those orders.

One of the reasons I'd need a massive pay increase to leave where I am now. My current boss is very much open to being challenged and questioned on ideas and processes.

One of the reasons I'd need a massive pay increase to leave where I am now. My current boss is very much open to being challenged and questioned on ideas and processes.
Mine as well and I feel the same. My boss and I share a huge amount of stress with our respective workloads but knowing that I'm part of a real team with shared input on decision making goes a long way.

Become a Patron!
Back